sharetrader
Page 222 of 899 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 8982

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Less than two years ago they posted a profit of 13.6m so it wasn't that long ago
    and they still paid 30 cps in dividends that year fully imputed = gross 41.67 cps.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    and they still paid 30 cps in dividends that year fully imputed = gross 41.67 cps.
    And that was my point. Even in the "bad years", they still manage to pay a decent dividend because they have no debt and turnover stock very quickly. I see no reason to sell this reliable dividend payer.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And that was my point. Even in the "bad years", they still manage to pay a decent dividend
    which is a great if you can hold, but bad if you need your capital back in that particular year

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    which is a great if you can hold, but bad if you need your capital back in that particular year
    in which case you're not obeying the 5-10 year time frame principle for equity investments.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    in which case you're not obeying the 5-10 year time frame principle for equity investments.
    5 to 10 year time frames quite a spread

HLG profits and share price seem to peak every 6 years or so ......and now could be one of those 6 year peaks.

But this time is different because Glassons are growing so fast and profitably in Australia
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And that was my point. Even in the "bad years", they still manage to pay a decent dividend because they have no debt and turnover stock very quickly. I see no reason to sell this reliable dividend payer.
    Let me be clear that I really like HLG and the management but the scenraio where they go back to $3 or so is quite easy - its called the NZDUSD rate falls to 63-65c over the next 6 months compressing their gross margin and if the economy is a bit softer and the weather doesn't behave how there buyers predict etc then you could have them only making $14-15m npat in FY19.

I'm not saying thats my base case - I hope the NZD hangs in there near enough to 70c and the Aussie business keeps performing and we might see $6 by Xmas if they update positive at the AGM.

Banned

Hey winner, there's about 62k shares wanted at between $4.50-$4.51, you might as well flick yours off now and get a cent or two more than selling under $4.50. PS-Finished up 5c on 100 shares.
    Last edited by couta1; 11-05-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Fear not young Bear, winner was calling for $6 not long ago and if I remember rightly BP only held very small cup full of these beauties.PS-If you look back you will see I cautioned those keen to pay $5 to get the divvy that they would get some for $4.50 if they waited(Post # 2085)
    I was one of those you cautioned, ended up having a bob each way- bought some at $5.03 and got the divvy, picked up some more at $4.62 a couple of weeks later. I may yet pop back in for another feed if I can find some spare coin, although I am overseas on holiday at the moment so not really paying much attention to the market.

Banned

Hey winner, there's about 62k shares wanted at between $4.50-$4.51, you might as well flick yours off now and get a cent or two more than selling under $4.50. PS-Finished up 5c on 100 shares.
    Quick now winner, that pile has just started to be eaten into. PS-Im happy to take your shares off your hands for $4.40.

Quick now winner, that pile has just started to be eaten into. PS-Im happy to take your shares off your hands for $4.40.
    Is that you down at $3.11 ha ha

If it gets bad hope there’s heaps of buyers not showing their hand yet else I could be in deep strife or a remaining a reluctant holder
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”