sharetrader
Page 225 of 899 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You guys are only guessing, you have no idea of what sort of growth is going to come out of the Aussie operation over the next while. PS-Higher fuel costs can also lead to a certain % of the population using alternative methods of transport and shouting themselves a nice piece of kit from HLG lol.
    Alternative form of transport ....yep cycling to work .....HLG need to sell lycra
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Petrol just up the road here at $1.87 today for 91 Octane on special. HLG trading on a 2019 PE of just 8.7 with excellent growth prospects in Australia.
    I think some are getting a little carried away with second guessing that the retail spend is going to fall off the face of a cliff.
    I get it that some have reduced or sold and I know the currency has moved a little against HLG but the down ramping is a little OTT in my opinion.
    Great company with superb management, superb stock turn, excellent growth prospects in Australia, cash flow a whopping 30 cps last half and only paid 20 cps in divvies so plenty of cash left over to invest in more growth in Glassons Australia.

What's the bet that people will suddenly think its a great company again when we get a bit closer to the next dividend date and / or climb back over 70 cents U.S. lol
    Bit sad that so many previously loyal holders seem to be affected by S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder), the long period between April and December divvies.
    Good for me though, if it falls much further I'll get my snout into more.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-05-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

... and wouldnt you rather be investing in a company that has over decades repeatedly succeeded against many business challenges.

Currencies will currency weather will weather and people will buy winter woolies.

Yes I will add presently.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Petrol just up the road here at $1.87 today for 91 Octane on special. HLG trading on a 2019 PE of just 8.7 with excellent growth prospects in Australia.
    I think some are getting a little carried away with second guessing that the retail spend is going to fall off the face of a cliff.
    I get it that some have reduced or sold and I know the currency has moved a little against HLG but the down ramping is a little OTT in my opinion.
    Great company with superb management, superb stock turn, excellent growth prospects in Australia, cash flow a whopping 30 cps last half and only paid 20 cps in divvies so plenty of cash left over to invest in more growth in Glassons Australia.

What's the bet that people will suddenly think its a great company again when we get a bit closer to the next dividend date and / or climb back over 70 cents U.S. lol
    Bit sad that so many previously loyal holders seem to be affected by S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder), the long period between April and December divvies.
    Good for me though, if it falls much further I'll get my snout into more.

Thanks for all the compliments mate. Really appreciate them but not suffering from SAD

Yes you are right HLG is a 'great company with superb management, superb stock turn, excellent growth prospects in Australia.....' and they will manage anything that is thrown at them

But management don't set the shareprice do they and all the indications are that it is not strong at the moment ....punters selling for whatever reason that bugs them ....and probably all not SAD either

I'll probably be back one day because HLGisa great company eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Correct, management doesn’t set the share price. But for a company like HLG, which has a low trading volume and majority of the shares fell in the hands of a few, I pay more attention on the disclosure of holding by the management from time to time

Currency - Last couple of years we have range traded roughly between 69 - 74 cents U.S. I suspect at times when HLG have been forced to confirm purchases in the bottom of the range it maybe have impacted their margins slightly as the possibility exists that they can't recover all of the extra landed cost due to competitive pressure. That said their sales for the last two years have been growing strongly and one shouldn't forget the additional efficiencies they will enjoy now that Glassons Aust has reached critical mass and they have exited the loss making Storm brand which would have absorbed a LOT of management's time and resources previously.

SP has probably been affected by SAD...I think there are a lot of dividend strippers with this company. Been around for a long time and management seem to have a fresh handle on the importance of digital channels including same with their marketing efforts.
    Must get some more Vitamin D supplements to ward off the winter blues myself. Hounds are susceptible to SAD.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-05-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Currency - Last couple of years we have range traded roughly between 69 - 74 cents U.S. I suspect at times when HLG have been forced to confirm purchases in the bottom of the range it maybe have impacted their margins slightly as the possibility exists that they can't recover all of the extra landed cost due to competitive pressure. That said their sales for the last two years have been growing strongly and one shouldn't forget the additional efficiencies they will enjoy now that Glassons Aust has reached critical mass and they have exited the loss making Storm brand which would have absorbed a LOT of management's time and resources previously.

SP has probably been affected by SAD...I think there are a lot of dividend strippers with this company. Been around for a long time and management seem to have a fresh handle on the importance of digital channels including same with their marketing efforts.
    Must get some more Vitamin D supplements to ward off the winter blues myself. Hounds are susceptible to SAD.
    Bears are also susceptible to SAD and prone to feeling MAD at times. I am feeling both sad and mad with the SP at the moment! Geepers Couta how do you cope with your XOOOOOS sized holdings when things start going backwards?!

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Bears are also susceptible to SAD and prone to feeling MAD at times. I am feeling both sad and mad with the SP at the moment! Geepers Couta how do you cope with your XOOOOOS sized holdings when things start going backwards?!
    Hibernate ? (Sorry mate couldn't resist)

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    No offence mate but I really think you should consider if investing in the share market is right for you.

Is it worth asking for Hallensteins to give us quarterly sales updates like Briscoes? Seems like a reasonable request?