sharetrader
Page 232 of 899 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332732 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 8983

unless of course everyone is going to get dad-cardies from the op-shop in Gizzie ala Clarke Gayford
    dad-cardigan.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Got myself a nice warm Hallensteins hoodie for winter. Good price, well made, very cosy. Will keep my toasty until next divi...although the share price is a nice winter warmer too. Another thing I've been noticing, being now well familiarised with the branding, is how much HLG product is out there, seems to be very popular. Even my partner who is very fashion conscious and usually (to my dismay) buys from small NZ & Aus boutiques has been buying a few things from Glassons and commenting on the good quality. Looking forward to the Gizzie dad cardie copy to hit the shelves at HLG
    Last edited by Ninefingers; 25-06-2018 at 05:29 PM.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Well fellas, looks like the hibernating season has finished. It's about now to safely (if there is such a thing) to board the train for spring with the fall literally behind us. I'm personally very happy everything is well in HLG land and all the signs are excellent. Fabulous cold weather, USD ok, and no telling clearance sales from ANYONE. That means margins are intact. Despite all of this there is just soooo much time in the information void of HLG that even as HLG s biggest fan there is room for just a wee bit of doubt to creep in... a very healthy thing to have to I might add...but for any one who missed it Kathmandu has just had a fabulous profit upgrade for every reason That applies to HLG. Namely their margins increased on the increased same stores sales. Their aussy stores are roaring ,even better than here. They haven't had to discount their wares too soon.
    So unless everyone has just started mountain climbing ,you can't really get more confirmation that things are good in the hood. Whatever the next few months SP might do for HLG it seems clear the result in November will be stunning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Only 5 bucks

Seeing such phrases seem to be common here ....you not taking the piss are you?
    No mate you read it wrong, I said over $5. PS-I couldn't say over $6 as I would be accused of blatant ramping.

"New Zealand business confidence plunged to a seven-month low in June with retail most gloomy as costs, credit and capacity weigh on firms"

Company has good management with long trading history but certainly not invincible with fickle shopping public & plunging NZ dollar. The fuel tax introduced this weekend may provide further headwinds going forward.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...in-in-june.htm

IMO

Did my bit today and bought a smoke blue panel print T-shirt for $10 at their up to 70% off sale today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Did my bit today and bought a smoke blue panel print T-shirt for $10 at their up to 70% off sale today.
    Unable to do my bit as my store in Henderson closed, but I did fill the Hybrid's tank with petrol should last a month and hybrids charge themselves as you drive.
    Last edited by dreamcatcher; 29-06-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    "New Zealand business confidence plunged to a seven-month low in June with retail most gloomy as costs, credit and capacity weigh on firms"

Company has good management with long trading history but certainly not invincible with fickle shopping public & plunging NZ dollar. The fuel tax introduced this weekend may provide further headwinds going forward.

But that family support stuff outlined on the TRA Turners threads will help HLG stores ( not all will go on cars ...let’s buy some clothes as well)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But that family support stuff outlined on the TRA Turners threads will help HLG stores ( not all will go on cars ...let’s buy some clothes as well)
    TRA should import more Hybrids as believe they are cheap alternatives 75 dollars of gas = 900-1000 kms and no plug-in charging required

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post

Consumers care not for business confidence, that affects capital item spending like on a new fleet of trucks. The new families package kicks off next week.
    Mr and Mrs Joe average with 2 kids earning $90K between them and getting accommodation supplement will be $90 per week better off and some beneficiaries paying high rent will be over $200 a week better off so instead of buying second hand clothes from the Salvation army store...

Yes the dollar is lower but I don't think people should be overly fixated with the current low spot rate...most purchasing is done using forward cover.
    Business as usual.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine