sharetrader
Page 250 of 899 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 8982
    Banned

Looks like there's more money to be made for my wife and I from clothes than fancy milk.Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Looks like there's more money to be made for my wife and I from clothes than fancy milk.Lol.
    Well done for holding an XXXXXL position mate. Congrats. If this makes the half way point between the PE of Briscoes and Kathmandu its a $7 stock so the PE is very reasonable even for those who are emotionally attached
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not looking quite as cunning today but my tail is wagging and I am a happy Beagle. Not selling my free shares no matter what the SP does...opps, I suppose this somewhat irrational behaviour explains some RYM shareholders philosophy
    At least you kept some Mr Beagle, this silly bear didnt I am not sure why it jumped up like that today but I am very pleased for all you holders esp Couta who must be a very very happy holder

I must have missed some announcement, what lit that rocket?!

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    At least you kept some Mr Beagle, this silly bear didnt I am not sure why it jumped up like that today but I am very pleased for all you holders esp Couta who must be a very very happy holder
    Yes mate, longer experience has taught this slightly greying dog that its better to be half wrong than completely wrong. Probably a bit dangerous buying back in at this price, you might get your fur ruffled.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just wait until the full year announcement and what the divie will be

Many will say ....jeez 20 cents and jump in at that time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes mate, longer experience has taught this slightly greying dog that its better to be half wrong than completely wrong. Probably a bit dangerous buying back in at this price, you might get your fur ruffled.
    Perfection is not possible in the share market.
    I was reading an article in Livewire this morning, that said Warren Buffett only got 6 out of 10 calls right.??????
    Worth thinking about.

ps.Lucky for us so many posters on ST get 8 or 9.5 out of 10 right.?...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 20-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Perfection is not possible in the share market.
    I was reading an article in Livewire this morning, that said Warren Buffett only got 6 out of 10 calls right.??????
    Worth thinking about.

ps.Lucky for us so many posters on ST get 8 or 9.5 out of 10 right.?...lol.
    Thanks and well said. I find I am too hard on myself and expect 9 out of 10 to be right when a more realistic expectation is more appropriate. Read the other day that Buffet make most of his money after 55. That makes me feel better too. Turners seems to have stabilized too, better than 50/50 chance I don't need to visit the therapist this week lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2018 at 11:33 AM.

percy

A friend of the family was a builder.
    Told me he always followed the market, but did not have the cash to really invest until he sold his business and retired.
    Then he made his "real wealth", in the share market.
    I have heard the 6 out of 10 call often,but this was the first time I heard it also included Warren Buffett.
    For us "mug" investors I think we have to realise we will make mistakes often.
    The secret is then to wake up quickly, sell, and move on.
    It worked for me in book selling,and works just fine with the share market too.

PS.I think knowing you are human and are going to make mistakes,makes it a lot easier to face up to them.
    Old American saying "We appear to have a problem".Once you know you have a problem, you are well on the way to fixing it.
    Last edited by percy; 20-08-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A friend of the family was a builder.
    Told me he always followed the market, but did not have the cash to really invest until he sold his business and retired.
    Then he made his "real wealth", in the share market.
    I have heard the 6 out of 10 call often,but this was the first time I heard it also included Warren Buffett.
    For us "mug" investors I think we have to realise we will make mistakes often.
    The secret is then to wake up quickly, sell, and move on.
    It worked for me in book selling,and works just fine with the share market too.

PS.I think knowing you are human and are going to make mistakes,makes it a lot easier to face up to them.
    Old American saying "We appear to have a problem".Once you know you have a problem, you are well on the way to fixing it.
    You're becoming like a wise old owl in your retirement Percy and saving me a fortune on therapists lol

$6 there you go folks. Just remember who called this a buy at under $3 against widespread howling that retail was dead lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2018 at 04:04 PM.