sharetrader
Page 253 of 899 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    There are soooo many things I am sure we would all change if we could turn back time. I would start by telling my Mum and Dad how much I loved them soo many more times than I did before they died And yes selling those damn HLG shares when I thought they couldnt possibly go any higher . Another life lesson for the bear and a great song to dance to while kicking ones head at the same time!
    Look back on it as a learning curve.

He that is afraid to shake the dice, will never throw a six
    Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    As of yesterday's close I have sold out entirely. Still rate the company but have made a lot over the past 3 years and at $5.50-6.00 feel the risk reward is becoming too skewed. Looks like that Aussie fund is still hungry like a wolf for them though. GLTH
    I find myself wondering if they will keep buying like they did with LOV and send this up to a multiple we haven't seen before ? Its one way of the manager looking really good because they make so much unrealised profit on their earlier purchases (s)he looks like an absolute genius and might even earn a huge bonus. NAH... Probably some conspiracy theory, managers of investment firms never act purely in their own interests instead of their shareholders interests, surely not, (wash my snout out with soap and water). $7 would have them on a historical PE of nearly 15...that's uncharted waters for HLG isn't it ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-08-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I find myself wondering if they will keep buying like they did with LOV and send this up to a multiple we haven't seen before ? Its one way of the manager looking really good because they make so much unrealised profit on their earlier purchases (s)he looks like an absolute genius and might even earn a huge bonus. NAH... Probably some conspiracy theory, managers of investment firms never act purely in their own interests instead of their shareholders interests, surely not, (wash my snout out with soap and water).
    They can have all mine for $8.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    They can have all mine for $8.
    You never know mate...momentum is a powerful thing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

I find myself wondering if they will keep buying like they did with LOV and send this up to a multiple we haven't seen before ? Its one way of the manager looking really good because they make so much unrealised profit on their earlier purchases (s)he looks like an absolute genius and might even earn a huge bonus. NAH... Probably some conspiracy theory, managers of investment firms never act purely in their own interests instead of their shareholders interests, surely not, (wash my snout out with soap and water). $7 would have them on a historical PE of nearly 15...that's uncharted waters for HLG isn't it ?

My average exit price of $5.70 will look pretty stupid if they go to $7+, and they might, but I'll sleep well and patiently wait for some 'value' to emerge somewhere else...

Banned

My average exit price of $5.70 will look pretty stupid if they go to $7+, and they might, but I'll sleep well and patiently wait for some 'value' to emerge somewhere else...
    You have done well, made a good profit so whatever happens doesn't matter, each living day is a gift so enjoy your spoils.

Yeah I'm starting to get weirded out by this selling half thing now. Not sure which way I want the share price to go now. Part of me wants it to go back to $5.50 so I can turn back time and buy them back lol...but yes, there is value SUM where else.

Nobody ever got broke by taking profits ... and selling at the absolute peak is - similar to buying at the absolute bottom - just sheer luck. Nobody can predict future share price and therefore it is impossible to recognize a peak or bottom in real time.

Just imagine it would be possible to identify the peak in real time. Everybody with this skill would wait until the peak and than everybody would try to sell at the same time, but nobody would buy (I guess who would want to buy at the peak?). Would make for an interesting market.

Just be happy with your gains and invest the money into some other great growth company. Personally I see HLG still as cyclical - and historically they are well in the upper part of the cycle. There are plenty other companies around which promise in my view at current market price a better ratio between upside gains and downside risks.

Time for a dog of the NZX strategy instead of trying to squeeze the last bit of potential gain out of yesterdays winner? Remember - always leave something on the table for the next buyer ... or you might not find any.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Yeah I'm starting to get weirded out by this selling half thing now. Not sure which way I want the share price to go now. Part of me wants it to go back to $5.50 so I can turn back time and buy them back lol...but yes, there is value SUM where else.
    Mr Beagle focus on how well you have done, you took your profits and your free shares are now worth heaps more than a few days ago. The sp may go down just as quickly as it went up who would know. Enjoy your gains

Such a hard problem we all have - exiting out a small proportion of a great investment for a fantastic gain in a short period - and watching the rest still rise