sharetrader
Page 257 of 899 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 8983

My first stock I ever purchased and still a very happy holder

Wonder what the potentially divi will be - usually the payout is similar to EPS. Potential for a 40cps+ total dividend for F18 on the cards?

Even at a share price of $7 that is a 5.7% net dividend yield - not too shabby in a low interest rate environment.

Handsome Member

Edging higher and higher everyday but alas I have reduced 1/2. Was a great run but just cant be to certain on the currency over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by rainey View Post
    While Gaghger are in the wings mopping up gradually, I can't see to much down side risk. At this stage, its hard to say what their long term vision is but they must see a future in Australia particularly for Glassons
    I agree but what happens if they stop buying ?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Quietly smokin it's way toward $7, getting overlooked by the milky ones, I'm noticing you baby.
    I see that price target as the very highest logical point taking into account all known information. PE looks maxed out there. If it goes close to there I will be sorely tempted to sell my remaining stake, unless there is some new information regarding rapid expansion of Glassons in Australia released with their annual result late in Sept.
    Mind you I acknowledge there's a school of thought that says simply wait till the bend in the end and sell when it breaks down through its 100 day MA, wherever that might be. Might let TA rule the roost for a change considering I've already sold some.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-08-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Edging higher and higher everyday but alas I have reduced 1/2. Was a great run but just cant be to certain on the currency over the next few months.
    I feel the currency talk on here is overstated. What currency are we talking about ?
    A) USD where Trump may lose Senate/Gongress elections in a few months ? Weaker USD will help us.
    B) A$. Just been through huge turbulence politically. Will it get weaker ? Stronger is better for HLG given our big growth in Oz

C) NZ$. Yes this is a risk with our poor Government and economic management.

But given the others above, I don’t see a big currency risk. I put loss or gain at 50/50 and stay fully invested with great comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Each to their own, like I've said before, no substantial holders are selling.

I am
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I feel the currency talk on here is overstated. What currency are we talking about ?
    A) USD where Trump may lose Senate/Gongress elections in a few months ? Weaker USD will help us.
    B) A$. Just been through huge turbulence politically. Will it get weaker ? Stronger is better for HLG given our big growth in Oz

But given the others above, I don’t see a big currency risk. I put loss or gain at 50/50 and stay fully invested with great comfort.
    You guys are out of sync, we can't have that...I hereby sentence you to watching Top Gun again three times

Anyway...We're at all time high's for HLG now. Previous best from what I can see on a very long term chart I just looked at was $5.75 on 28/3/13.
    Uncharted waters here folks. Our new Aussie friend must see some big expansion coming for Glassons in Australia in the years ahead. While they're buying I'm not going to stand in front of that train again.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-08-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Just chiming in here: I presume HLG buy their stuff mostly from some Asian countries, not the US. So why would USDNZD cross rate matter? As long as the cross rate with the producing countries moves in sync with NZD there should be no problem as long as the supply contracts are written flexible enough?? Can somebody elaborate where the vulnerability/risk for HLG would be???

My understanding is that products are often priced in US dollars for export even when manufactured in Bangladesh or some other ultra low cost country of manufacture.
    That all time high chart I was just referring too goes back to 2000. HLG appears to be at its highest point in the last 18 years

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You guys are out of sync, we can't have that...I hereby sentence you to watching Top Gun again three times

Anyway...We're at all time high's for HLG now. Previous best from what I can see on a very long term chart I just looked at was $5.75 on 28/3/13.
    Uncharted waters here folks. Our new Aussie friend must see some big expansion coming for Glassons in Australia in the years ahead. While they're buying I'm not going to stand in front of that train again.
    Dont mind watching Top Gun again and again https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=k...jhsXxnTDox4OM:

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    Just chiming in here: I presume HLG buy their stuff mostly from some Asian countries, not the US. So why would USDNZD cross rate matter? As long as the cross rate with the producing countries moves in sync with NZD there should be no problem as long as the supply contracts are written flexible enough?? Can somebody elaborate where the vulnerability/risk for HLG would be???
    All the Asian purchases are in USD as far as I know. So a drop in the NZD/USD rate increases costs for us. I'm just not convinced it will be as negative in the next year or two, as some of the posters on here seem to think. I thinks there is a fair chance of a USD slump after this autumn's election.
    Last edited by iceman; 30-08-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    My understanding is that products are often priced in US dollars for export even when manufactured in Bangladesh or some other ultra low cost country of manufacture.
    Yes, but so are timber logs exported from NZ to mostly China - those USD prices get quickly adjusted for the next contract when the USD exchange rates change.