sharetrader
Page 259 of 899 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 8982
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Posted 30/8/18

Now we know. Exchange rate 65 point something certainly doesn't help either. Fair value...who knows ?, certainly not me.
    No worries, just hold them.PS-You never know they may yet buy more, Im keen for more if it drops below $5.50.

As the NZ continues to slip slide away Cameron Bagrie talking margin squeeze. One of his tweets

Retailers are set for a tough Xmas. Lower NZD/USD lifts import prices and good luck passing on a 10% or so price rise. #marginsqueeze

My experience says that retailers also have a demand problem as NZD drops - higher costs for consumers (petrol etc) means less overall spend

Can HLG manage a drop in demand along with a margin squeeze
    Last edited by winner69; 10-09-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

And you have not added in rent increases,insurance increases,power increases or wage increases.
    Best to leave any IT upgrade to another year.
    Problem of trying to maintain market share, means increased advertising expenditure.
    Just as well their online sales have gained momentum,however higher prices there, will also affect demand.

Yes prices are highly pressured in clothing. I inadvertently see online clothes shopping on the partners laptop. so much cheap stuff! So I am glad I reduced to half the position at 6.30 but would go back in at 5. Still near on 5% of equity portfolio. Back winners.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yes prices are highly pressured in clothing. I inadvertently see online clothes shopping on the partners laptop. so much cheap stuff! So I am glad I reduced to half the position at 6.30 but would go back in at 5. Still near on 5% of equity portfolio. Back winners.
    So glad I haven't reduced any, still at 30% of portfolio and no intention of reducing, let's see how their Aussie growth goes.PS-Take a lot of this social media crap with a large grain of rock salt, the same goes for doom and gloom news items.

More good news Couts

Retail Card Spend for August showed Apparel sales up 0.6%

Not up much relative to other groups but still up

So with HLG stores growing market share they must be doing more than OK
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    So glad I haven't reduced any, still at 30% of portfolio and no intention of reducing, let's see how their Aussie growth goes.PS-Take a lot of this social media crap with a large grain of rock salt, the same goes for doom and gloom news items.
    That Glassons store in Queenstown looks pretty fancy mate and Hallenstein's store also a superb locality. Pity neither sells anything that improves my skiing ability
    Currency shaping up as a genuine headwind for FY19.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-09-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Don't worry about skiing.
    The important thing in Queenstown is to look the part.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That Glassons store in Queenstown looks pretty fancy mate and Hallenstein's store also a superb locality. Pity neither sells anything that improves my skiing ability
    Currency shaping up as a genuine headwind for FY19.
    Haven't got any HLG shares... So no help there... As far as the skiing goes... Just remember the old saying.... If you're not falling over your not trying hard enough... I try very hard all the time!!!! 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Haven't got any HLG shares... So no help there... As far as the skiing goes... Just remember the old saying.... If you're not falling over your not trying hard enough... I try very hard all the time!!!! ��
    As Couta1 will attest, I did a very good impersonation of an emperor penguin doing a belly flop at one point lol
    That currency a bit of a worry...could be heading down to 62 cents as ANZ have forecasted
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine