sharetrader
Page 259 of 276 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4126
  1. #3871
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    3,165

    Default

    From www.interest.co.nz today. Good news for HLG:

    LOCAL ONLINE WINNING
    January was a soft month for New Zealand’s online retail spending, with total spending down -1% on January last year, according to the BNZ/Marketview monitoring. The decline is driven by a large year-on-year drop in spending at offshore sites, which was down -12% on last January. Local online sales were up +7% on that basis. Online retail now accounts for 8% of all retail sales.

  2. #3872
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    24

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well you keep guessing and I'll keep buying.
    Nearly spat the old morning coffee out.

    I believe this is one of those opportunities that do not come around so often to purchase good stocks at cheap prices.

    Good luck to all.

  3. #3873
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    Nearly spat the old morning coffee out.

    I believe this is one of those opportunities that do not come around so often to purchase good stocks at cheap prices.

    Good luck to all.
    Absolutely. I recon the discussion is just about whether next week (or the week / month / couple of months after that) might offer still better bargains than today ...

    It won't be a closing down sale of the stock exchanges ... but for a time supply of stocks will be larger than demand for stocks. That's all.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  4. #3874
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    15,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Absolutely. I recon the discussion is just about whether next week (or the week / month / couple of months after that) might offer still better bargains than today ...

    It won't be a closing down sale of the stock exchanges ... but for a time supply of stocks will be larger than demand for stocks. That's all.
    The central thesis of my current investment approach is that the market as a whole is highly likely to be materially lower than current level's in 2-3 months time.
    How serious is the virus risk ? US 10 year Govt stock rate has collapsed to record ever lows. S&P 500, Nasdaq and DOW all moved from record ever level's to correction territory, (down 10% or more) at the greatest speed ever recorded, less than 10 trading sessions.

    Very highly experienced doctor's on TV3 breakfast programme this morning admitting they have got it badly wrong saying the virus was not a material risk and now saying it could infect up to 1,000,000 people in N.Z.

    Will people bother shopping for clothes in this sort of environment ? I don't think so. Its not just supply chain risks with HLG, its demand risk too. Take care folks.

    Disc: No position.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  5. #3875
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    rural canterbury
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The central thesis of my current investment approach is that the market as a whole is highly likely to be materially lower than current level's in 2-3 months time.
    How serious is the virus risk ? US 10 year Govt stock rate has collapsed to record ever lows. S&P 500, Nasdaq and DOW all moved from record ever level's to correction territory, (down 10% or more) at the greatest speed ever recorded, less than 10 trading sessions.

    Very highly experienced doctor's on TV3 breakfast programme this morning admitting they have got it badly wrong saying the virus was not a material risk and now saying it could infect up to 1,000,000 people in N.Z.

    Will people bother shopping for clothes in this sort of environment ? I don't think so. Its not just supply chain risks with HLG, its demand risk too. Take care folks.

    Disc: No position.
    I suspect you are probably right.

  6. #3876
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    i concur cheaper prices coming in store and on the stock exchange.
    bull

  7. #3877
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,848

    Default

    Gerry Harvey dont sell clothes but he worried about other things holsing sales back than the virus

    Always pragmatic is Gerry --- don't worry right now - "Where [the coronavirus] ends up, who knows? It might fizzle out or it might become the next bubonic plague."

    https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...27-p5450f.html
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  8. #3878
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    looking forward to rinse and repeat again $3 - $6 is the long term range
    bull

  9. #3879
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    15,456

    Default

    Yeah this is ugly alright. Down from $6.48 at the start of December to $4.80, a drop of a whopping $1.68 = 26% decline in just 3 months.
    Makes you wonder where the share price could go if the whole country has to go into a Chinese style lockdown for a few months doesn't it.

    No worries though because now Couta1 is a top ten shareholder and sitting at the top table I think he going to hit up management for a private showing with highly attractive models of the latest skimpy fashions and I get to go along as his seeing eye guide dog...that's way better than a dividend
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  10. #3880
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeah this is ugly alright. Down from $6.48 at the start of December to $4.80, a drop of a whopping $1.68 = 26% decline in just 3 months.
    Makes you wonder where the share price could go if the whole country has to go into a Chinese style lockdown for a few months doesn't it.

    No worries though because now Couta1 is a top ten shareholder and sitting at the top table I think he going to hit up management for a private showing with highly attractive models of the latest skimpy fashions and I get to go along as his seeing eye guide dog...that's way better than a dividend
    Lol do I really need to comment on this thread anymore now I'm swimming with the big fish, probably too much conflict of interest. PS-Not buying many more now as I want to be able to pull my average price down if things really turn to custard which has increased from $3.60 to $4.15 with all the buying of late.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-02-2020 at 07:38 AM.

  11. #3881
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    rural canterbury
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    .... I want to be able to pull my average price down if things really turn to custard which has increased from $3.60 to $4.15 with all the buying of late.
    You are buying custard?

  12. #3882
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    You are buying custard?
    Perhaps I should have said if things really turn pear shaped.PS-Im not buying pears but am quite fond of pears with custard.

  13. #3883
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    rural canterbury
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Perhaps I should have said if things really turn pear shaped.PS-Im not buying pears but am quite fond of pears with custard.
    haha, much better sentence construction

  14. #3884
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    370

    Default

    HGL SP could collapse back to LOW-$3 now that NZ has its second Covid-19 case with queues at supermarkets this morning with panicked public stocking up on food. People will not be interested in buying clothes that's the first to go from spending and probably fear backlash against Chinese made goods thinking that the clothing may contain virus.

    There is nothing outstandingly special about HGL stock and similar to any other budget clothing outlet. People should realize clothing industry is very fickle and hard to maintain constant momentum unless you are opening stores but once opened difficult to hold sales. NZ dollar in the dumps, Aus may go into recession will not help already stretched books but suppose div could be reduced or stopped.

    Low liquidity stocks easier to push up/down as tide turns............

    DYOR

  15. #3885
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    HGL SP could collapse back to LOW-$3 now that NZ has its second Covid-19 case with queues at supermarkets this morning with panicked public stocking up on food. People will not be interested in buying clothes that's the first to go from spending and probably fear backlash against Chinese made goods thinking that the clothing may contain virus.

    There is nothing outstandingly special about HGL stock and similar to any other budget clothing outlet. People should realize clothing industry is very fickle and hard to maintain constant momentum unless you are opening stores but once opened difficult to hold sales. NZ dollar in the dumps, Aus may go into recession will not help already stretched books but suppose div could be reduced or stopped.

    Low liquidity stocks easier to push up/down as tide turns............

    DYOR
    Nice downramping/scaremongering post with lots of mights/maybes/could be's. Nothing outstandingly special yet it has been around 147yrs and has out survived all comers. DYOR, well obviously I have as I'm sure all of the other big holders have done, sure the price could go down due to as you say low liquidity yet it is and would be driven down in the main by rats and mice sellers. PS-When I get the next shareholder list I will put up how much selling is coming from the top 100 holders as opposed to buying.PPS-From 7/2-21/2 there was an increase of 55418 shares over sells in the top 100 holders.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-02-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •