sharetrader
Page 270 of 899 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Must admit I did have a good laugh about ANZ's pick for the U.K. / N.Z. exchange rate for Dec 2019 at 42 pence. How could they possibly have any meaningful insight into this without even knowing the outcome of Brexit negotiations ?
    Did they just go with "reversion to the mean" as their basis for that forecast? Seems totally absurd.

That would assume some sort of competent policy making in the UK and we've seen none of that in the past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Did they just go with "reversion to the mean" as their basis for that forecast? Seems totally absurd.

That would assume some sort of competent policy making in the UK and we've seen none of that in the past 2 years.
    Hard to figure that's for sure. I think ANZ based on their own survey's have taken a fairly dim view on the economic prospects for 2019 as far as N.Z. is concerned.
    Like all things time will tell. We are basically at full employment, (theories abound suggesting about 4% of able bodied people simply don't want to work), interest rates from some banks for 2 year money are at 3.99%, a record low I have never seen in 40 years and spring is here in full force. I think people will be out spending again because that's what they do when the weather improves and summer is coming so I think HLG are good buying at the current price trading cum a 24 cent fully imputed dividend next month.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

One less competitor for HLG in Aussie.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-...ction=business

Investor

Topped a few more this morning, can't ignore upcoming nice juicy divvy of 24c fully imputed. Very handy for some festive and holiday spending.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Topped a few more this morning, can't ignore upcoming nice juicy divvy of 24c fully imputed. Very handy for some festive and holiday spending.
    I couldn't agree more. Timing of that dividend as well as its size makes it extra sweet. Only really paying about ~ $5 theoretical ex divvy price at the current level which I think is fundamentally very sound buying. I topped up last week...a bit early and at a bit higher than the current price but I think I am now well positioned
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Timing of that dividend as well as its size makes it extra sweet. Only really paying about ~ $5 theoretical ex divvy price at the current level which I think is fundamentally very sound buying. I topped up last week...a bit early and at a bit higher than the current price but I think I am now well positioned
    Yeah, was in two minds last week to top up or not and somehow never did. And market sentiment this week helped to jump on board today seeing where its trading currently.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Also topped up this morning. Good price at around $5,30.

Random thought this morning. Could HLG be lining up for an acquisition? I was thinking something like JeansWest or JustJeans. CottonOn.
    Maybe a capital raise to acquire like Kathmandu did for Oboz.
    Completely random thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Random thought this morning. Could HLG be lining up for an acquisition? I was thinking something like JeansWest or JustJeans. CottonOn.
    Maybe a capital raise to acquire like Kathmandu did for Oboz.
    Completely random thoughts!
    unlikely imo. reckon they will stick to their knitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    unlikely imo. reckon they will stick to their knitting.
    Oh my goodness, their knitting looks absolutely "terrible" lol https://www.glassons.com/