sharetrader
Page 275 of 899 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes, last year’s announcement was sales up 15% so this year’s 5% is coming on the back of that good growth. Don’t understand what you getting at innssying that but whatever sales growth is slowing / moderating,

Last year’s 15% was when share price was about 340 and the excitment of that news took the share price up 25%. Doubt whether +5% will do much to the share price at this level.

Wonder what same store sales growth was ...hmmm
    All I'm saying mate is last year the loss making Storm brand made up 2% of the gross sales so a 4.8% gross sales increase on a normalized basis is more like a 6.8% increase on a like for like basis comparing Glassons and Hallensteins sales brands only, year on year.
    Agree that's probably already baked into the cake at this price but nonetheless that's a solid result compounding on the previous two years solid sales increases. HLG does mention at some length in the annual report the effect of the increased petrol prices, which as mentioned earlier, has since abated. Its not the only retail company to feel the effect of rising petrol prices over the last few months is it ! Likewise the exchange rate challenge has also recently abated and we're back in the normal zone v the $US
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-12-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

In the past two years, the big sales growth has come from online,so knowing the per store growth is of interest,however it will all come down to margin over Christmas and January,and that is anyone's guess at this early stage..

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Nice steady uptrend there, higher highs and higher lows .

Surprised the TA'ers can not see it .
    Moosie (I think) wood reckon a falling wedge from recent high of 630 odd
    Last edited by winner69; 03-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Moosie (I think) reckons a falling wedge from recent high of 630 odd
    Moosies TA predictions about 50% right aye, a coin toss would give the same result.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Moosies TA predictions about 50% right aye, a coin toss would give the same result.Lol
    Maybe falling wedges are good ...I’ve no idea

But 635 seems so far away ....14% off highs is quite a lot aye

This old dog quite a while back reckoned about $5.50 was fair value and sold down half. Anything over that was really on the back of the new Australian institution paying up to get a decent stake, (initial bout of irrational exuberance ?), so settling back to around my fair assessed value doesn't surprise me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-12-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Following the momo

Actually if you have a look at the top shareholder base no smart money has sold any and why on Earth would they? no sight of a bend at the end so hold firm.PS-I consider myself part of that smart money when it comes to this stock.
    Looks like the smart money is selling out of HLG, looking at the last 2 trading days......Is that you Couta?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    Looks like the smart money is selling out of HLG, looking at the last 2 trading days......Is that you Couta?
    No ways I haven't sold any since last November.

No ways I haven't sold any since last November.
    ...like last week?

Banned

...like last week?
    HaHa very astute there winner but no it was the November before the one just gone.