sharetrader
Page 276 of 899 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376776 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    Looks like the smart money is selling out of HLG, looking at the last 2 trading days......Is that you Couta?
    I'm buying today.

Shareholders association calling for new and younger blood on the Board ....quite funny really

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...mance-nzsahtml
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm buying today.
    I have bought a small parcel for the divvy Couta and hope you have too...

Paymark figures show non-food retail spending on Friday, November 23 was at $69 million, surpassing the 2017 Boxing Day sales of $68m.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108...lson-retailers

I am hoping HLG made some good money.... and all will be revealed on the 12th of Dec.Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    All I'm saying mate is last year the loss making Storm brand made up 2% of the gross sales so a 4.8% gross sales increase on a normalized basis is more like a 6.8% increase on a like for like basis comparing Glassons and Hallensteins sales brands only, year on year.
    Agree that's probably already baked into the cake at this price but nonetheless that's a solid result compounding on the previous two years solid sales increases. HLG does mention at some length in the annual report the effect of the increased petrol prices, which as mentioned earlier, has since abated. Its not the only retail company to feel the effect of rising petrol prices over the last few months is it ! Likewise the exchange rate challenge has also recently abated and we're back in the normal zone v the $US
    Although to be fair Beagle, Store sales in 1H declined by 11% in 1st qtr. Also they opened 2 new Glassons stores in AU in the first quarter and 2 Hallensteins stores in NZ . So I think the "what were same store sales hmmm" is a fair question. One which they seem to not disclose for some reason...maybe the reason for the lack of enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisborne Grumbler View Post
    Although to be fair Beagle, Store sales in 1H declined by 11% in 1st qtr. Also they opened 2 new Glassons stores in AU in the first quarter and 2 Hallensteins stores in NZ . So I think the "what were same store sales hmmm" is a fair question. One which they seem to not disclose for some reason...maybe the reason for the lack of enthusiasm.
    *storm sales decline*

Quote Originally Posted by Gisborne Grumbler View Post
    Occasionally they mention ‘like for like sales’

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Moosie (I think) wood reckon a falling wedge from recent high of 630 odd

moosie latest report - its a symmetrical triangle with either upside breakout or downside breakdown potential. The trend is usually a continuation of current one (ie DOWN).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    moosie latest report - its a symmetrical triangle with either upside breakout or downside breakdown potential. The trend is usually a continuation of current one (ie DOWN).

You don't need fancy triangles to determine the above, just take a look at the bolly bands coming together and deduct the 24c divvy amount come Friday and see what the trend will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You don't need fancy triangles to determine the above, just take a look at the bolly bands coming together and deduct the 24c divvy amount come Friday and see what the trend will look like.
    If couta and moosie agree it appears all the indicators are aligned ;

Might not be the best of times to apply a dividend stripping strategy ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    If couta and moosie agree it appears all the indicators are aligned ;

Might not be the best of times to apply a dividend stripping strategy ...
    And it looks like a Death Cross the other day ....but often that’s good buying eh

But still above 200MA .....no worries

And snow leopard said there’s a steady uptrend in place ....something like higher highs and higher lows he said the other day ... that’s good
    Last edited by winner69; 06-12-2018 at 08:29 AM.