sharetrader
Page 277 of 899 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377777 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 8983
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    moosie latest report - its a symmetrical triangle with either upside breakout or downside breakdown potential. The trend is usually a continuation of current one (ie DOWN).

So I have verified that that is indeed what the Moosie wrote, and it is nice to see that there is a little forum for him .

Now isn't it fascinating that

a) TA tells us that prices may go up or down - we learn something every day.

b) despite the price going UP before entering this symmetrical triangle that the Moosie thinks the current trend is DOWN. I think the Moosie is seeing what he wants to see and is then trying to hang some TA on it.

Anyway the price will do what the price will do and will almost certainly go UP, DOWN or SIDEWAYS.

Disc: Currently hold some HLG, would not buy more at the current price, but DYOR.
    om mani peme hum

Outside thinking.

Is that the same Moosie who invested heavily in BIG on the ASX?

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Is that the same Moosie who invested heavily in BIG on the ASX?
    It is. From memory - for a time was the TA on BIG impeccable .. and lots of people made heaps of money with it. Just a timing issue.

Why are you asking? I didn't yet met an honest investor who never lost money. Did you? Moosie is quite TA focussed. Typical hit rate of TA predictions is around 60% - which is better than flipping a coin, but by no ways infallible. Losses are inevitably part of the game ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I assume we need to adjust charts for the divie so it doesn’t look so ugly
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

hope no one chased the div , its adjusting for there down grade now
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hope no one chased the div , its adjusting for there down grade now
    Yes I did add more for the divvy, down grade will get reversed after a couple of great sales months ahead. PS -AGM might shed some more light on things as well. PPS - Plenty of long term smart money holding this stock.

HLG was 341 ex divie this time last year

Been a good year eh

Another 150 over next 12 months andvthe share price will be 640

Those big guys (inc Couts) who never sell will be happy ...

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes I did add more for the divvy, down grade will get reversed after a couple of great sales months ahead. PS -AGM might shed some more light on things as well. PPS - Plenty of long term smart money holding this stock.
    I hope you're right there Couta.

As mentioned on the other forum, I sold down HLG for 3 main reasons (red flags) I've observed this week. Chances are this current seller has more shares to sell than you have capital to absorb them. Smart money or not, the chart paints a clear picture of what's happening.

Quite possibly there's more bad news to come out in the AGM and this seller knows it.

KW's rule comes into action with HLG now as well.
    Last edited by McGinty; 07-12-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    I hope your right there Couta.

As mentioned on the other forum, I sold down HLG for 3 main reasons (red flags) I've observed this week. Chances are this current seller has more shares to sell than you have capital to absorb them. Smart money or not, the chart paints a clear picture of what's happening.

Quite possibly there's more bad news to come out in the AGM and this seller knows it.

KW's rule comes into action with HLG now as well.
    I doubt whether there is somebody with a decent holding selling let alone somebody who knows there more ‘bad news’ to be announced at the AGM

Was the recent update ‘bad news’ anyway - sales effectively up 7% and this stuff about challenging market conditions is what retailers always say. It’s Rod Dukes favourite phrase and HLG say that a lot.

Chart a bit sad ...just market sentiment towards retail orientated stocks isn’t that high at the moment

Then again you may be reading this right and the last 6 weeks have been a disaster and it’s been a slow start to the peak season and margins have tumbled
    Last edited by winner69; 07-12-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I doubt whether there is somebody with a decent holding selling let alone somebody who knows there more ‘bad news’ to be announced at the AGM

Was the recent update ‘bad news’ anyway - sales effectively up 7% and this stuff about challenging market conditions is what retailers always say. It’s Rod Dukes favourite phrase and HLG say that a lot.

Chart a bit sad ...just market sentiment towards retail orientated stocks isn’t that high at the moment

Then again you may be reading this right and the last 6 weeks have been a disaster and it’s been a slow start to the peak season and margins have tumbled
    I won't be able to confirm until the SSH notice comes out, but I suspect that the same entity that pushed the price up over $6, is the same one that is continuously selling down.

I watch the market enough to know that this isn't 'Mum & Dad' investors selling (too many 10k and 15k lots of shares on the sell side that hit the buy).

It will be an interesting week next week, with the AGM.