sharetrader
Page 290 of 899 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 8982
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couta told me off when I said I’d sold
    I haven't sold any of my core holding for a year now and have no intention of selling any going forward, there are two kinds of smart money(smart trading money as many are currently discussing) and then there's smart old money(That's the massive dividend collecting money) which makes up majority of the biggest holders of this stock.PS-Gragher fits into the first category.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    actually you did too, sorry congrats well done. just goes too show people should value every ones comments and then make there own decisions
    Couldn't agree more. Its when people start expecting others to part the Red Sea for them to escape the Egyptians, (so too speak) that they need to take a very long introspective look in the mirror and ask themselves how much DYOR they have done.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Sold my last lot of HLG back in May. Sold a bit early but was happy with a bit over $100k div and profit for that financial year on HLG. Had an overall tax bill on all share trading of about $62k in Feb, but in March got that bill down to $11k through loss to div. transfer. Anyone want to learn how to do it, then you could shout me a beer somewhere, and I can tell you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Sold my last lot of HLG back in May. Sold a bit early but was happy with a bit over $100k div and profit for that financial year on HLG. Had an overall tax bill on all share trading of about $62k in Feb, but in March got that bill down to $11k through loss to div. transfer. Anyone want to learn how to do it, then you could shout me a beer somewhere, and I can tell you how to do it.
    i did this one year as well , but when i went thru my numbers it was a lot of effort for small gain once all my brokerage was taken into account.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    Thanks Beagle, I followed your advice and was very happy with my large return over the last 2 years. Unfortunately over the last few weeks I ignored my stop-loss & didn't sell till 2 days ago at $4.08, but still very happy with my returns.
    I'll be sitting on my profits and hoping the price goes down to the mid $3 over the next few months and then I'll think about buying back in again.
    Suppose after making zillions you wont be regretting whats happened to the share price since selling at 408
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Monkey View Post
    Well, that's a wrap folks! Another outstanding performance!
    Thanks for taking the time to research and post Ghost Money, I often note the enthusiastic comments saying or implying a stock is a long term hold and then suddenly it’s sold and it’s a dog - AIR comes to mind. Couta1 seems to do long term hold and often rides the waves into the red.
    I really appreciate those who take the time and effort to post and share their thoughts with a “this is what I’m doing with this stock, or this is what I think.”
    Some posts cross the line though because they imply that this is what you (others) should be doing and if you’re not you’re wrong.
    The frequency and intensity of the comments matters. People who hold strong opinions do tend to influence other people. Repetition makes a fact seem more true, regardless of whether it is or not.
    I take responsibility for my own decisions and my decisions are also influenced by many posters on this forum. That is why I read the comments to see what other people think. It is good to have diversity of opinions and discussions like this without it getting too personal, without people being offended and no longer posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I posted some time back that $5.50 was full and fair value and that I'd sold half, and again very recently... be a good chap and try and keep up. (Very convenient that you've run out of time now after being such a mischievous monkey) Sorry I don't have more time to reply to your mischief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Your rock throwing sure did miss the point..... the point in all investing is to take responsibility for your own decisions.
    The least you can do to be somewhat fair is to date those posts but in response I would simply say welcome to the real world mate where things change. The smart money realises this and does something about it and yes doubling your money plus many outstanding dividends in two years is a truly outstanding performance (of which anyone who followed this lead dog should be extremely pleased and grateful for the barking).

I guess you could do a monkey or possum and stare into the headlights and wonder what hit you and afterwards vent your frustration...doesn't require as much effort that way does it. I guess monkey's can throw rocks but they're not so good at sniffing out a feed eh

I barked very clearly it was a buy at $2.70 and also very clearly that it was full and fair value at $5.50 just over two years later and yet some people want to call me a bad dog...go figure...
    Ok, well, a bit of venom directed at me. No problem. Takes more than that to knock the monkey from his tree.

Firstly, no need to jump to conclusions about my investing. I'll be up front. I have a total of 700 HLG shares. Yes, you read that right. 700. I had a couple grand sitting in my account a year back and chucked it in HLG for the dividend as it wasn't doing too much in the bank. I'm not losing sleep over this, trust me. I'm a small fish investor, granted, but this was just a bit of spare change I wasn't sure what to do with at the time.

But you made one good point above. I should've dated those posts. Sorry. They were from about April this year. But no problem I'm gonna go one better. And we don't have to go back that far either. Cause your post directly above, really? Really Mr. Beagle?

Ok, well, let's roll with it then....

Banned

Looking forward to my XXOS divvy hitting the bank account on Monday, could buy some nice material item but yeah nah it will all be going into the market. Might buy some more of these gems once Gragher start selling again or more of my favourite play and hold milky share.

I couldn't agree more. Timing of that dividend as well as its size makes it extra sweet. Only really paying about ~ $5 theoretical ex divvy price at the current level which I think is fundamentally very sound buying. I topped up last week...a bit early and at a bit higher than the current price but I think I am now well positioned
    So here we are. Nov. 22 2018. "Sound buying" "Topped up last week"

A fact completely overlooked by Gaynor. HLG has a stellar record as a dividend yield stock and anyone fortunate enough to follow the dog who picked the bottom a couple of years ago at $2.70 has done handsomely well with capital gains too. Quite apart from that I think they're just coming into their stride with their Glassons expansion in Australia. Plenty more growth to come over there I also think its notable that HLG are N.Z.'s oldest listed company. Plenty of companies come and go over the years...there's something I really like about long established companies.
    Dec. 2 2018 "Plenty more growth to come" We really like "long established companies". Yeah, me too.

Sticking with my own nose for value, (a Beagle always follows his nose). I think they've finally cracked the Australian retail nut with their new Glassons euro style stores in Australia and there's a very sound case for continuing to hold. The naysayers were all over this when I was buying at $2.70 telling retail was dead ad nauseum. They were wrong then and they're wrong now.
    Dec. 3 2018 Those dirty "naysayers" eh, "wrong then and they're wrong now." It's gotta be a great buy still, right?

But wait, what is this??????

This old dog quite a while back reckoned about $5.50 was fair value and sold down half. Anything over that was really on the back of the new Australian institution paying up to get a decent stake, (initial bout of irrational exuberance ?), so settling back to around my fair assessed value doesn't surprise me.
    You've sold!!! Half??? What? When? Why?

This monkey is bewildered!

Just that morning you posted about the "naysayers" being wrong. But apparently you've already started selling down? And "a while back" no less!!

Sure, Dec. 3 was a trading update, and it wasn't great. Wasn't quite the end of the world either.

What on earth is going on?

And here folks, is my issue. Mr Beagle, you responded to me yesterday and said, and I quote "anyone who followed this lead dog should be extremely pleased and grateful for the barking". Indeed. So you clearly understand you carry some weight on this forum, and investors should be grateful for following your "lead". But nowhere between you topping up on Nov.22 and announcing you'd sold half your shares on Dec. 3 did you post your intentions to your 'pack' that now was the time to sell. You didn't bark that part did you. In fact, you continued to ramp it up. Ramped it up and sold the story, one you obviously didn't believe any more. And now we have to read about you patting yourself on the back for a job well done, and how we should all be grateful?

So, for all the mum & dad investors, those new to investing, those trying to learn a little bit more, here's the moral of the story:

I owned a beagle. Past tense. He died this year on Oct. 26. Very difficult day as we had him since he was a puppy. He was 16yrs old. But after 16yrs I can say I learnt a thing or two about beagles, they "lead" you to only one place, their own food bowl.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Monkey View Post
    So here we are. Nov. 22 2018. "Sound buying" "Topped up last week"

Dec. 2 2018 "Plenty more growth to come" We really like "long established companies". Yeah, me too.

Dec. 3 2018 Those dirty "naysayers" eh, "wrong then and they're wrong now." It's gotta be a great buy still, right?

But wait, what is this??????

You've sold!!! Half??? What? When? Why?

This monkey is bewildered!

Just that morning you posted about the "naysayers" being wrong. But apparently you've already started selling down? And "a while back" no less!!

Sure, Dec. 3 was a trading update, and it wasn't great. Wasn't quite the end of the world either.

What on earth is going on?

And here folks, is my issue. Mr Beagle, you responded to me yesterday and said, and I quote "anyone who followed this lead dog should be extremely pleased and grateful for the barking". Indeed. So you clearly understand you carry some weight on this forum, and investors should be grateful for following your "lead". But nowhere between you topping up on Nov.22 and announcing you'd sold half your shares on Dec. 3 did you post your intentions to your 'pack' that now was the time to sell. You didn't bark that part did you. In fact, you continued to ramp it up. Ramped it up and sold the story, one you obviously didn't believe any more. And now we have to read about you patting yourself on the back for a job well done, and how we should all be grateful?

So, for all the mum & dad investors, those new to investing, those trying to learn a little bit more, here's the moral of the story:

I owned a beagle. Past tense. He died this year on Oct. 26. Very difficult day as we had him since he was a puppy. He was 16yrs old. But after 16yrs I can say I learnt a thing or two about beagles, they "lead" you to only one place, their own food bowl.

Sorry to hear about your dog dying, it's so sad when a canine member of the family passed on.