sharetrader
Page 293 of 899 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 8983

Severe housing correction in Sydney and Melbourne and rapidly declining prices a trend that seems firmly entrenched...must be pretty toxic to consumer confidence eh ?
    Last week ASB economists opined that the chances of Auckland realty following Sydney down is pretty good and provided evidence supporting their analysis. Is Auckland real estate and consumer confidence deterioration the next big shoe to drop ?

I suspect Grahger are acutely aware of how things are going in a retail sense in Australia. HLG directors and CEO at pains to emphasize challenging retail conditions for many months now and sales growth is declining so it appears to be getting more challenging. Didn't you say they had sold out of LOV as well ?
    P.S. Just had a look at the chart of LOV on the ASX and that also looks very ugly. Hope we don't get a recession next year as then discretionary retail sales will really tank.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-12-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Re Australia Housing I found this an interesting insight -

Melbourne & Sydney house prices currently undergoing the largest fall since 1992. For an 80% service based economy with close to 40% part time workforce with record household debt, the unprecedented run is on the clock.

I would hazard a guess that those that could be affected as above are the type of customers HLG are interested in. Not good for them.

Auckland is a serviced based economy as well and there easily be an ‘unprecedented run’ in Auckland (and other places)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

A lot of speculation and guess work going on on here, I'm happy just to wait until Feb to find out the truth from the horses mouth.PS-The sooner Gragher gone the better.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A lot of speculation and guess work going on on here, I'm happy just to wait until Feb to find out the truth from the horses mouth.PS-The sooner Gragher gone the better.Lol
    I'm always trying to look around the next corner coming up but yeah, not long to wait. Last year they gave a trading update and profit forecast on 3 February. That'll give us the best guide for the full year. Big divvy for you to enjoy paid out tomorrow
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-12-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

beagle and winner must be shorting the stock? very enthused they are in there negatve comments lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Membaa

HLG is a stomach churning cyclical, all fine if you know how to buy the upcycle getting the capital gains and the dividends, and sell the down cycle avoiding capital losses. Otherwise it's a recipe for nightmares.

Attachment 10200
    Monthly chart

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    HLG is a stomach churning cyclical, all fine if you know how to buy the upcycle getting the capital gains and the dividends, and sell the down cycle avoiding capital losses. Otherwise it's a recipe for nightmares.

Attachment 10200
    Monthly chart
    TA pretty useful eh

Banned

Attachment 10200
    Monthly chart
    Nice Mountain range there Baa_Baa, I guess those that bought in 2001 and just held would have done nicely out of the dividends and would currently be nicely in the green, would have been a real test of endurance in 2009 however.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Attachment 10200
    Monthly chart
    Beauty of a long term uptrend there - just got to wait for the $2.20 mark and start buying.

Kudos for the log price axis. We will make a chartist of you yet
    om mani peme hum

Handsome Member

Hallensteins out east was absolutely packed today! Yesterday morning was just as packed. $29 for jeans I mean that’s a bargain if I say so myself