sharetrader
Page 297 of 899 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A good thing to remember whilst reading all the doom and gloom articles in the Herald, 90% of it is just garbage.PS-Expecting a good report from HLG in Feb.
    Retail sales always seem to go up in NZ as per this chart (Stats NZ info)

Why worry about what happened yesterday or last week

Anyway in HLGs case its not really how much sell ...its the margin they make on it that matters
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Retail sales always seem to go up in NZ as per this chart (Stats NZ info)

Why worry about what happened yesterday or last week

Anyway in HLGs case its not really how much sell ...its the margin they make on it that matters
    They have warned very clearly on the margin on more than one occasion. Also it was crystal clear they were buying their current stocks some time back when the currency was a lot lower. Sound reasons for the SP to retrace but has it found fair value ? Maybe for now ? We'll see in early February how things have gone.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Tried out the online Boxing Day sale yesterday and got some jeans at $29.99 (normally $69.99 yeah right) and they upsold me to get a tee as well so I get free delivery. Thats cool. Bit mean by saying the 20% of 'your first order' could be applied to sale items ....probably asking too much eh

Jeans prob crap and won't be as good as my neat Hiut ones but will be OK to go for walk along the beach (or even mow the lawn in)

Pretty good online service .... fast and furious and they say they are already on the way. I'd say better than Kathmandu online
    Last edited by winner69; 29-12-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Dilettante

According to www.interest.co.nz Kiwi spending on Boxing Day was up 11% compared to 2017. 2.5 million transaction processed on Wednesday valued at $ 140 million. "Spending within the Core Retail sector excluding Food and liquor merchants and excluding Hospitality merchants totaled $73 mln making Boxing Day 2018 the fourth busiest day of the year, surpassed only in the Thursday to Saturday before Christmas and exceeding the $70 mln on Black Friday".

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    According to www.interest.co.nz Kiwi spending on Boxing Day was up 11% compared to 2017. 2.5 million transaction processed on Wednesday valued at $ 140 million. "Spending within the Core Retail sector excluding Food and liquor merchants and excluding Hospitality merchants totaled $73 mln making Boxing Day 2018 the fourth busiest day of the year, surpassed only in the Thursday to Saturday before Christmas and exceeding the $70 mln on Black Friday".
    I think this gives us an interesting insight into how Kiwi's are spending now that fuel has returned to more affordable level's or maybe they are just flashing the plastic and loading up on debt ? That said I am not ready to call an end to this correction in HLG's share price because last summer was such a stunner and stock was bought on much better currency terms.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-12-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Kiwi's know retails SALES DAY calendar so why purchase anything @ full price from now till Feb stock reduced by 20% - 70% ............very common.

Just bought furniture reduced from $1199 to $499 Clothing no exception everything MUST GO !

As winner69 said ITS ALL ABOUT THE MARGIN

Not the best way to start the New Year - but here we go: Happy New Year to everybody! ... and always remember - money does not make happy!

Quite shocking update today from Kathmandu:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/329075

Sales below forecast as well as below last year. Sort of wondering how the HLG business was going, given that they are operating in the same markets (AU and NZ)?

Maybe the bear starts to show its teeth ...?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Licking my wounds from a fresh bear clawing over KMD today. Not keen for another clawing, mauling or biting so will avoid retail altogether for now. Last time I checked Bears are bigger than Beagle's, just as well I have a safe kennel called cash. Might poke my snout out of the kennel and sniff the breeze if HLG comes down to $3.50.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-01-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Are we talking about recessions or bear markets here?

No recession likely this year in NZ
    Last edited by winner69; 03-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.

It sounds that the margin pressure is inevitable as they spoke at the AGM. I am hoping that they have still achieved sales growth especially from the aussie market and through the online sales platform. The buy now pay later services provided through layby and afterpay is also a thing to take into account - Kathmandu doesn't have one from their online shop.