sharetrader
Page 31 of 899 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Funny you say that Winner as I popped into my local Noel Leeming store late yesterday afternoon to have a look at maybe updating my not so old T.V. to some flasher newer shinier and clearer model before the price goes crazy with the lower Kiwi dollar but I reckon the heavy discounting has already stopped and retailers already know replacement stock will be more expensive so the best deals are already behind us. They seemed disinclined to negotiate much on the fancy 65 inch curved Samsung I liked...have to make do with my old 50 inch...life is harsh LOL.
    Gee, 50 inch TV's are a dime a dozen now, well under $1,000 for a decent model but $5,500 for a top of the line Ultra high def Samsung 65...I think I'll make do with moving the Laziboy recliners a little closer
    I am pleased you find something worthwhile to watch. We have SKY.50plus channels of rubbish.

The Kid

If you've got good broadband go Netflix HD $12.99 per month. No sport though.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am pleased you find something worthwhile to watch. We have SKY.50plus channels of rubbish.
    You mean 57 channels Percy! This old Boss classic's as relevant as ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1AOImIFME
    In the blessed name of Elvis let's spend our dosh on some less first world problems!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    You mean 57 channels Percy! This old Boss classic's as relevant as ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1AOImIFME
    In the blessed name of Elvis let's spend our dosh on some less first world problems!
    Love The Boss.! I have watched a lot of his concerts.I also enjoy The Who concerts.
    Just watched a great DVD;The Imitation Game,starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley.

Love The Boss.! I have watched a lot of his concerts.I also enjoy The Who concerts.
    Just watched a great DVD;The Imitation Game,starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley.
    The Boss is my hero. A great social commentator

A man close to my heart. Doesn't lie when he describes bankers as "greedy thieves" and "robber barons"

“Jack of All Trades” is a great song, one of his. Listen to the powerful lyrics (and enjoy the musical side as well)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OtGb5MPCMlg

Best verse -

" The banker man grows fatter, the working man grows thin /
    It's all happened before and it'll happen again / It'll happen again, they'll bet your life / I'm a Jack of all trades and, darling, we'll be alright"

And metaphorically I agree - "If I had me a gun, I'd find the bastards and shoot 'em on sight" -something has to be done
    Last edited by winner69; 20-07-2015 at 03:17 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Funny how your post confirms the world never looks good at 3am.!!!
    HLG.Have a good history of "doing" good.They used to donate a lot of clothes to The Salvation Army.

Funny how your post confirms the world never looks good at 3am.!!!
    HLG.Have a good history of "doing" good.They used to donate a lot of clothes to The Salvation Army.
    The golf was exciting. It was good to see the Poms squirming at Lords. Greipel was the strongest again when it comes to bunch finishes in the Tour de France. A really good nights watching.

I made no reference to Hallensteins. Just adding to The Boss conversation who we both seem to appreciate.

Hope Hallensteins still donate to the Sallies (even though some of the Sallies shops might sell more than Hallensteins). Good on them

percy

Golf,cricket,and cycling?????????????
    I prefer my sweet dreams.....
    Maybe a pointer to where they were was I watched "The Imatation Game" last night.
    I will however confirm one of the stars of that film,Benedit Cumberbatch,never once appeared in my dream!!
    The Sallies do struggle to get "good stuff" to sell,so any "quality" merchandise sold well.
    Their shops objective is really to provide low income people with items they can afford,rather than trying to make a profit.
    It is offcourse a pity to see rather nice Mercedes parked outside their stores.!

Golf,cricket,and cycling?????????????
    I prefer my sweet dreams.....
    Maybe a pointer to where they were was I watched "The Imatation Game" last night.
    I will however confirm one of the stars of that film,Benedit Cumberbatch,never once appeared in my dream!!
    The Sallies do struggle to get "good stuff" to sell,so any "quality" merchandise sold well.
    Their shops objective is really to provide low income people with items they can afford,rather than trying to make a profit.
    It is offcourse a pity to see rather nice Mercedes parked outside their stores.!
    Maybe not so much the Sallies but some of those op shops (the more upmarket ones) could teach some bigger retailers how to 'retail'.

Percy, those in the Mercs are virtuous people saving the world by recycling things.

Ironic that old HLG's thread should prompt the most creative and philosophical musings
    Enjoyed the Boss link thanks Winner. Don't know if we'll ever "care for each other as Jesus said that we might" as the song goes...the so-called religious right in the US seem oblivious to all his warnings about greed...
    Spare a thought for Benedict Percy - who knows when he may find this sight. Keira will be deeply flattered though!!
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 20-07-2015 at 09:01 PM.