sharetrader
Page 334 of 899 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434834 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 8983
    Banned

Bit of extra cash in the bank from the sale of their Lambton Quay property, seems they have no debt they might as well pay a special divvy.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Bit of extra cash in the bank from the sale of their Lambton Quay property, seems they have no debt they might as well pay a special divvy.
    Have you seen the sale price anywhere ? I can see that the made a gain of $1.1M but can not find the sale price and not sure what the book value was

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Oh goody are we going to get our 24 c a share again?
    Oh hold on you mean more than 24c a share?

I think they would be wise to invest the proceeds into their ongoing expansion plans in Australia. HLG already pay out massive dividends.
    I am watching this one from the sidelines at present. Its still a while until the next dividend feed and lower exchange rates compared to the previous comparable period and higher wages costs will be putting some pressure on profitability. That said, its a very well managed company so they will be doing all they can to ameliorate the effects. Looking forward to seeing some visibility from the company in terms of how they are coping with the headwinds.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-08-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

HLG have performed very well.An excellent retailer.
    I was surprised with KMD's result and noted BGP are working very hard.
    Staff wages are interesting,and how HLG continues to perform will be how well they can contain them.
    We can see how one retailer has given extra profits to staff, while the other has given them to shareholders, when we compare WHS to BGP.
    .................................................. ..........2013.................................201 8
    Wages /sales WHS...................................15.9%....... .......................17.5%
    Wages/sales BGP......................................11.1%.... ..........................10.7%
    Last edited by percy; 12-08-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Oh goody are we going to get our 24 c a share again?
    Oh hold on you mean more than 24c a share?
    You know what I reckon I'm going to be very happy either way. PS-Im really longing to buy more of these beauties at the right price as I'm always feeling my holding is slightly underdone.

I'm wondering if it might be this building: Hallensteins House. Recently sold in June for $7.75 million.

https://www.qv.co.nz/property/276-la...n-6011/1014177

Going to be about $28m profit ....great effort

Shame about Hallensteins. They’ve struggled to grow over the last few years - a bit like Kathmandu in NZ. Things seem to get to a certain size / presence ands that’s where it stays.

https://quoteapi.com/resources/da986...t_forecast.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 12-08-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Going to be about $28m profit ....great effort

Shame about Hallensteins. They’ve struggled to grow over the last few years - a bit like Kathmandu in NZ. Things seem to get to a critical mass / presence ands that’s where it stays.

https://quoteapi.com/resources/da986...t_forecast.pdf
    Yep all good and the most important bit is "The Groups balance sheet and projected future cash flow remains strong, stock levels are also well managed" PS-Market likes.
    Last edited by couta1; 12-08-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Solid and very credible effort.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine