sharetrader
Page 336 of 899 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 8983
    Veteran novice

This thread seems to have morphed into a new KMD one. Is there nothing more to say about poor old boring profitable HLG?

I hold (firmly).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    This thread seems to have morphed into a new KMD one. Is there nothing more to say about poor old boring profitable HLG?

I hold (firmly).
    I think a whole lot of minds connected together unbeknown to each other to answer Beagle. PS-If I get anymore positive I'll be accused of ramping. Lol
    Last edited by couta1; 12-08-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

I hold (firmly).
    The KMD and HLG announcements highlight that the economy isn’t as dire as the guru economists and commentators make out. Jeez even the WHS seem to be doing OK and BRG still chugging along nicely

Any Hallensteins still still heaps and manage margins well and have the best stock management of all NZ retailers....just doing what they’ve done for decades
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The KMD and HLG announcements highlight that the economy isn’t as dire as the guru economists and commentators make out. Jeez even the WHS seem to be doing OK and BRG still chugging along nicely

Any Hallensteins still still heaps and manage margins well and have the best stock management of all NZ retailers....just doing what they’ve done for decades
    ^^True that. HLG are a very well managed company. Shares around fair value in the mid $5's in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfish View Post
    With very conservative mathematics I make the PE ratio 9.1 at today's price of 4.32. SP of 5.50 gives a PE of 11.7. This is all after tax figures too. With a guaranteed imputated dividend announcement at the end of the month this is an beauty.
    just going over some older posts and found this one on 4.3.2019.
    looks like Mudfish got it bang on for now , just needed to wait 6 months for the market to work it out too.
    Well done !

Banned

I'm out again in the mid $5's. It's a great company with excellent management but the weak NZD is my main concern. I could be wrong but 63 cents v USD has got to make it much harder to maintain margins in softening NZ and Oz economies.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    I'm out again in the mid $5's. It's a great company with excellent management but the weak NZD is my main concern. I could be wrong but 63 cents v USD has got to make it much harder to maintain margins in softening NZ and Oz economies.
    A fair comment. The sharply lower NZ$ will make things more challenging although the Aussie $ is showing some resilience which will be helpful. But through it all I believe we will continue to receive very healthy dividends so this one will stay in my portfolio for years to come, barring some unforeseen major change in circumstances with HLG.

Banned

Yes you could be wrong and that's why I ain't selling one single share of my XXXOS sized holding. PS-Why pay top dollar for the likes of the power companies for a third of the divvy yield.

Just curious, couta, have you ever been tempted to trade a portion of your XXXOS holding? EG, if I look back to the end of 2018/beginning of 2019, when HLG fell from the high $5's to $4, did you consider selling when the SP fell and buying back in at the low? Or are you firmly buy and hold and top up with this particular baby?

I'm curious because this is a strategy I have considered trying with a couple of my very very very small holdings. But never had the kahoonas to try it yet!

Managed margins well in the past. But if nzd went into the 50s short term profits probably will be be affected to some extent

But they’ll still come up with a decent divie and in these days if ultra low interest rates and yield seekers the share won’t be impacted as much as it would have been done in past years

If profits were a problem the share price wouldn’t be $5.50 now — half year result no that flash was it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”