sharetrader
Page 337 of 899 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Just curious, couta, have you ever been tempted to trade a portion of your XXXOS holding? EG, if I look back to the end of 2018/beginning of 2019, when HLG fell from the high $5's to $4, did you consider selling when the SP fell and buying back in at the low? Or are you firmly buy and hold and top up with this particular baby?

I'm curious because this is a strategy I have considered trying with a couple of my very very very small holdings. But never had the kahoonas to try it yet!
    This is the my only true long term hold that isn't traded so I've used this as my discipline stock to keep a bit of balance besides I've invested a good chunk of my wife's money in this stock at $3.50 and she loves the divvies.

Cheers couta, appreciate your input as always!

Does anyone know why the dividend aren't eventually split over the year? They always have one in December and then another in April which is a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Does anyone know why the dividend aren't eventually split over the year? They always have one in December and then another in April which is a bit annoying.
    I guess this just reflects the business and earnings cycle ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

If you ignore (or eliminate) the period when those impatient Aussies were buying up big one could say that HLG current share price is at an ALL TIME HIGH

And likely to go higher in these days of ultra low interest rates

And to that night some though the share price would go back into the low 4s.

Cool eh
    Last edited by winner69; 09-09-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Only solid is an understatement .....awesome amazing when you take into the poor consumer confidence in NX, retail recession in Australia along with lower exchange rates compared to the previous comparable period and higher wages costs putting some pressure on profitability. However this very well managed company has ameliorated the effects.

Growing profits in this environment awesome amazing
    Had a bit of time to reflect on this while on holiday, helped by Coutts reminding me of how many he and his wife have. Probably solid and very credible effort is a bit of an understatement. I think management have proven over the long term this is a very resilient business too.

Quite some time back I took my money off the table after ostensibly doubling it since the late $2's in late 2016 on the grounds that at $5.50 it was fully priced.
    At that time 10 year Govt stock was ~ 3% and its now ~ 1.1%. My thinking over my holiday week centered on to what extent fair value has moved up given the extreme move down in the risk free rate and the 100 year lows in interest rates.

I think in the rush to chase sustainable yield this one has been a bit overlooked and its longevity on the market, track record of dividend payments and the 100 year lows in interest rates that appear to looking to stay low for the foreseeable future, fair value is now materially north of $5.50.

Disc: I bough some this morning and am looking to accumulate more on any weakness.
    Gross yield at $5.60 assuming 44 cps annual dividends is 44 / 0.72 = 61.11 / 560 = 10.9% and I think its sustainable at that level as the latest consumer confidence seems to be holding up reasonably well. I think they can navigate their way through higher wages and rent costs and the slightly lower currency and am prepared to back management to do so. I am looking to move up to a ~ 5% portfolio allocation.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yep ...good move beagle

I reckon $6 plus in inevitable in the near future year

Yep ...good move beagle

I reckon $6 plus in inevitable in the near future year
    Thanks and yeah, I agree. Big 4.5% jump in apparel spending in August ! http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU190...unces-back.htm
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks and yeah, I agree. Big 4.5% jump in apparel spending in August ! http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU190...unces-back.htm
    ....and more importantly apparently Aussie retail is looking a lot brighter as well.

....and more importantly apparently Aussie retail is looking a lot brighter as well.
    I reckon Coutts could be up for the milestone of doubling his original $3.50 to $7.00 next year. He's got truckloads so that'll be happy days,