sharetrader
Page 339 of 899 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439839 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 8983
    Banned

I reckon I'll just keep holding my truckload and enjoy and leave the debate to others. PS-Unlike another few divvy paying companies I could name this stock has been a star for me and not a wealth destroyer.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I reckon I'll just keep holding my truckload and enjoy and leave the debate to others. PS-Unlike another few divvy paying companies I could name this stock has been a star for me and not a wealth destroyer.
    I'll keep mine also, for now, but keeping in mind that it wouldn't take much for something to spook the whole market into a 20-30% "correction".

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'll keep mine also, for now, but keeping in mind that it wouldn't take much for something to spook the whole market into a 20-30% "correction".
    Plenty for the bears to fight about apparently, enjoy Very rare footage https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...cid=spartandhp

I'll be the wolf (dog's have 97% DNA commonality with wolves) and just watch attentively for now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-09-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

yup agree its getting close to where I halved holding last time. (and then bought back in again after it dropped $1).
    But having reduced around the portfolio already am not in a tearing rush to do so with HLG.

I consider that any shares can easily drop 20-30% and sometimes 50% without necessarily becoming a basket case.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

A full profit release will be made to the market on 27 September 2019.
    Well know quite a bit more this Friday.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Looking good even though they use the words challenging and margin pressure, 24c divvy what's not to like.
    Last edited by couta1; 27-09-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Default At First Glance

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/341728
    Very good result for the year at $29m materially above previous guidance of $27.7m - $28.2m.
    First 8 weeks of the new financial year sales up 7.2% is considerably better than the 4% I was hoping for and gives very good encouragement for FY20.
    Appears to be genuine momentum in their brands and this at a time when consumer confidence is very muted.
    Final divvy of 24 cps fully imputed is exactly what I was hoping for. Happy holder.
    Gross yield at $5.90 based on 44 cps per annum = 10.4%.
    More thoughts to come when I have read the whole report.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-09-2019 at 10:08 AM.

percy

An incredible result considering the headwinds faced with lost margin caused by NZ dollar weakness and competition.Costs have been kept well under control.
    Strong growth continues in Australia.Looks as though young Glasson is doing a great job.
    I notice online sales now account for 15% of revenue.
    Very positive outlook,should mean shareholders remain "well positioned."

solid
    wouldnt sell any now until $7
    but even at that yield is awesome,
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    An incredible result considering the headwinds faced with lost margin caused by NZ dollar weakness and competition.Costs have been kept well under control.
    Strong growth continues in Australia.Looks as though young Glasson is doing a great job.
    I notice online sales now account for 15% of revenue.
    Very positive outlook,should mean shareholders remain "well positioned."
    I think it is an excellent performance. My sale at $5.40 now looks like a poor decision but the NZD weakness does take 6 months or so to feed through so FY20 will be a challenge. That said they just continue to perform and are managed very very well. Sales up 7% for the start of the year is impressive. If they keep it up for the rest of FY20 then although I don't own I'd say they might head towards $7.00-8.00 in this low rate world.