sharetrader
Page 344 of 899 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444844 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Consumer confidence down but Hallensteins and Glassons going gangbusters

HLG share price be 7 bucks soon
    Quote from 27 September 2019 after the annual result when you were obviously still holding
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Quote from 27 September 2019 after the annual result when you were obviously still holding
    Hope winner hasn't moved in under a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Sounds great...especially the 5.7%
    Tick !
    Thanks. Done a Percy and sold half after doubling for a free carry but how do you work out your yield based on free shares
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Thanks. Done a Percy and sold half after doubling for a free carry but how do you work out your yield based on free shares
    Lol but you only get half the divvy, you've now got cash earning zilch.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    people can see what ever they want.
    I see it finding some resistance at a previous high but looking so bullish all this year that after some wobbling around at this level for a while who knows it might smash through that onto all time new highs !
    Yes for sure, see what you want to see, quite the capital rollercoaster and certainly not immune to the economy (see GFC period). I reckon Beagles right that if they can crack the Aussie market wide open and demonstrate significant revenue growth and sustained earnings, this could bolt onto new highs. Personally I'd rather give it a chance to prove that, rather than be a buyer at these levels, despite the yield. Anyone whose enjoyed the capital gains and the dividends of the recent run-up will be pretty happy with themselves.

This is a monthly chart, closing price log-scale. Looks more like a rollercoaster in a theme park
    Attachment 10786

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lol but you only get half the divvy, you've now got cash earning zilch.
    Cash that's going into exercise of a truck load of Barramundi warrants that when exercised will yield me north of 14% gross. Heck that's a higher yield than HLG and better diversified over 25 different companies within that fund

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yes for sure, see what you want to see, quite the capital rollercoaster and certainly not immune to the economy (see GFC period). I reckon Beagles right that if they can crack the Aussie market wide open and demonstrate significant revenue growth and sustained earnings, this could bolt onto new highs. Personally I'd rather give it a chance to prove that, rather than be a buyer at these levels, despite the yield. Anyone whose enjoyed the capital gains and the dividends of the recent run-up will be pretty happy with themselves.

This is a monthly chart, closing price log-scale. Looks more like a rollercoaster in a theme park
    Attachment 10786
    Plot the earnings and resulting chart looks pretty similar

What did BlackPeter say about cyclicals?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Cash that's going into exercise of a truck load of Barramundi warrants that when exercised will yield me north of 14% gross. Heck that's a higher yield than HLG and better diversified over 25 different companies within that fund
    At my Avg price of $3.50 I reckon that's an excellent yield and because I dont believe in diworsification I find myself well positioned but i reckon your strategy suits your breed of hound much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Attachment 10786
    F.Y.I.
    Glassons Australia sales growth:-
    2019 13.9%
    2018 56.7%
    2017 21.5%
    I note their 2019 sales growth was during a period of very weak retail data in Australia.
    More than enough evidence of an encouraging trend as far as I am concerned.
    The size of the Australian market is roughly five times N.Z.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-10-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Had a yak with a mate about the depressing economic commentators we have - he said well, winner, they are just eccentric accountants
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”