sharetrader
Page 346 of 899 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446846 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not much of a deck

At least he's kept some skin in the game ..thats good
    Avg cost to build a deck in NZ between 10-20k so for 38k he'll get a pretty big deck.

ABS (Australia Stats) say retail clothing sector growth to year July 19 was 3.6% .....year before growth was 2.1%. Year to July 19 pretty strong eh.

Very weak retail data ....hmm ..,you been reading too many stories in the paper.
    Good news Beagle

In AU Clothing/Footwear sector sales for July month were +4.5% up on pcp. That's pretty good eh mate

The good news is that for August the sector was up 5.8% - wow

Market going gangbusters in AU and NZ pretty good as well.

No wonder HLG sales are going gangbusters

Hope earnings grow on this sales growth ….didn't in F19
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Consumer confidence turning upward ?
    Noticed on Friday that our 10 year Govt stock rate is now 1.02%.
    9% on top of that given HLG's superb track record seems like a good deal to me !
    Honestly, if they can continue the growth in Australia they've enjoyed in the last 3 years, (the bigger they grow the greater the economies of scale kick in), then this is going to be a very rewarding stock to own going forward in more ways than just the 10.4% gross dividend yield.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Avg cost to build a deck in NZ between 10-20k so for 38k he'll get a pretty big deck.
    Hopefully he will not have to sell his remaining 1,143 shares to buy deck chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Consumer confidence turning upward ?
    Noticed on Friday that our 10 year Govt stock rate is now 1.02%.
    9% on top of that given HLG's superb track record seems like a good deal to me !
    Honestly, if they can continue the growth in Australia they've enjoyed in the last 3 years, (the bigger they grow the greater the economies of scale kick in), then this is going to be a very rewarding stock to own going forward in more ways than just the 10.4% gross dividend yield.
    In spite of what you've read in the papers and bank economic reports the clothing retail sector hasn't been too bad the last year or so. Chart on ABS data

Has had bad times in the past but not lately as the papers suggest
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Winner. Glassons Australia growth in the last 3 years has vastly outstripped the general growth in the apparel sector.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks Winner. Glassons Australia growth in the last 3 years has vastly outstripped the general growth in the apparel sector.
    Shame they don’t report same stores sales ...be able to assess how much of that growth is from store expansion

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Get pavers, half the price and less maintenance.

F.Y.I.
    Glassons Australia sales growth:-
    2019 13.9%
    2018 56.7%
    2017 21.5%
    I note their 2019 sales growth was during a period of very weak retail data in Australia.
    More than enough evidence of an encouraging trend as far as I am concerned.
    The size of the Australian market is roughly five times N.Z.
    Even better ....the opportunity is even more than you thought ....it appears as if AU market is 6.5 times NZ

Even better ....the opportunity is even more than you thought ....it appears as if AU market is 6.5 times NZ
    That's good. 5 times was a guess, suspected the opportunity was a bit more. Glassons Australia Sales
    2016 $41.2m No new stores opened during the year
    2017 $50.1m Net, no new stores opened during the year, (3 loss making stores closed, 3 new stores opened)
    2018 $78.4m Added 2 new stores that year
    2019 $89.5m Added 2 new stores during the year
    Only added a net 4 new stores since 2016 yet sales have more than doubled (up 117%) in the last 3 years.

With the size of the Australian market and the way they have been growing the brand... I think the opportunity is very clear and they have clearly demonstrated the Glassons brand identity has rapidly growing awareness amongst Australian women.

They have really modernised many of their stores to the new format. I mentioned way back in 2016 this was something I was very impressed with after a couple of site visits. I think its clear I'm not the only one impressed with their new European style store formats.

Onward and upward and 6.5 times the opportunity in Australia as N.Z, that's pretty cool isn't it !.... and lets not forget we're being paid extremely handsomely (10.4% gross yield at $5.85) to enjoy waiting for more growth
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2019 at 07:04 PM.