sharetrader
Page 348 of 899 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448848 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 8983

I don’t think you believed me — and now the media says that’s it’s going gangbusters for clothing retailers in AU it must be true.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Its taken me a little while to get my head around the bifurcation in consumer behaviour in Australia.
    On one hand we have articles like this https://www.caradvice.com.au/797541/...es-since-1948/ indicating lowest new car sales since the GFC which would tend to indicate an erosion in consumer confidence and what you've suggested in regard to apparel being reasonably buoyant.
    Its clear to me now that whilst consumers and business's don't think this is a great time to spend on significant capex such as a new vehicle they're quite happy to spend more on basic consumer items like apparel. That's good for HLG
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-10-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

HLG fortunes certainly picked up with the appointment of James Glasson as CEO of Glassons Australia in October 2017.
    His father Tim certainly drove Glassons when he took over from his father.
    Exciting seeing a third generation driving the business to new levels.
    With a solid balance sheet and the business gaining momentum shareholders are "well positioned".
    The strength on retail taking online onboard,which HLG is very successfully doing,was brought home to me yesterday when I visited a TSB Living, store tucked away in an industrial area.The place was packed with customers,and they were buying.
    A word of caution.Australian Mall landlords come with "history",which makes it all the more important for HLG to keep driving their online channel hard.
    Last edited by percy; 07-10-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its taken me a little while to get my head around the bifurcation in consumer behaviour in Australia.
    On one hand we have articles like this https://www.caradvice.com.au/797541/...es-since-1948/ indicating lowest new car sales since the GFC which would tend to indicate an erosion in consumer confidence and what you've suggested in regard to apparel being reasonably buoyant.
    Its clear to me now that whilst consumers and business's don't think this is a great time to spend on significant capex such as a new vehicle they're quite happy to spend more on basic consumer items like apparel. That's good for HLG
    Remember that headline last week as another clothing retailer went broke ‘Retail Acopolypse’. The sky is falling in and the world is about to end.

Those going broke weren’t up to it in the first place....the world keeps changing ....but Glassons are a pace.

Fact is that clothing retail market in AU is pretty strong at the moment.

Hallensteins boss sells all their shares

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...826/309985.pdf

Says last disclosure was 4/10/19 but no disclosures for him on that date!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hallensteins boss sells all their shares

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...826/309985.pdf

Says last disclosure was 4/10/19 but no disclosures for him on that date!
    Hmm - sold all of nearly 15,000 shares, hardly enough to fund an appropriate deck ... would be worse if Couta would sell out ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm - sold all of nearly 15,000 shares, hardly enough to fund an appropriate deck ... would be worse if Couta would sell out ;
    Probably her bonus or staff shares ...so can’t blame her for selling

But I’d like to know what was disclosed on 4/10/19 ...might have sold a million
    Last edited by winner69; 18-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Maybe Kerry has left Hallensteins?i

$Kiwi up nearly a full 1% against the US overnight. No barking required here...all good and running better than a well oiled Swiss watch.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably her bonus or staff shares ...so can’t blame her for selling

But I’d like to know what was disclosed on 4/10/19 ...might have sold a million
    The recent announcement re "Disclosure of Directors and Senior Managers Relevant Interests" was prepared by Stuart Duncan. This same Stuart released the announcement before that on Oct 4th, just disclosing the share movements of some other senior manager.

That's the announcement he is referring to.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/342199
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)