sharetrader
Page 367 of 899 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467867 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Aust Stats for December month

Clothing retail sector sales for month up 4% on pcp

Things going well in this sector in Oz

Add Glassons market share gains and it’s looking rosy over there
    Proves its hard to get the smell of smoke out of your clothes eh Poor buggars, its still going on and now they have that virus to add to their worst fires and drought in decades problems.

I'm almost tempted to wonder if its karma for the way they are treating Kiwi's over there...probably not though because its official, January the driest month in Auckland for the last 72 years and there's not been a drop of meaningful rain since so we're probably up to worst drought in 100 years now. I'm not sure what planet the climate change deniers are living on any more ? All good for HLG though, don't think they'll have any problems selling all their summer clothes and swimwear this year !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-02-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Supply chain concerns and more recently the currency moving back against HLG. Will people keep going to shopping malls if this virus spreads ? They have a good website and people can get whatever they like delivered so that's good.

Must be due for a profit guidance any day now. They're a pretty conservative and cautious lot so no doubt concerns will be clearly articulated.

Market doesn't seem to be concerned about this virus at all so maybe I need to get some happy pills and forget about any worries...Coutts, what happy pills are you taking mate
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Profit forecast and trading update was released on 13 February last year.
    I am expecting an update very shortly which will hopefully give us an insight into whether this new virus might pose a risk from a supply chain perspective.
    As well as supply chain concerns I am a little more cautious with this one as I believe if this virus spreads badly people will stop going to shopping malls and make do with the clothes they have already. Sourcing new clothes could be the least of people's problems...
    Currency is not as favourable as it was a few weeks back either.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-02-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am expecting an update very shortly which will hopefully give us an insight into whether this new virus might pose a risk from a supply chain perspective.
    As well as supply chain concerns I am a little more cautious with this one as I believe if this virus spreads badly people will stop going to shopping malls and make do with the clothes they have already. Sourcing new clothes could be the least of people's problems...
    code for beagle has sold already
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Currency is not as favourable as it was a few weeks back either.
    Considering the old adage "there are no problems, just opportunities" am I wondering whether HLG is looking into this newly created exciting market?

I hear face masks as well as one off protective plastic overalls are currently in huge demand ... and from what I see in the news, both of these items could well do with some fashionable improvements. Isn't this where HLG is great at? Great design at reasonable prices ... and hey, they could sell all this gear over the internet.

Plenty of room for growth ... and if this virus runs out I am sure somebody can engineer a new one :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    code for beagle has sold already
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Considering the old adage "there are no problems, just opportunities" am I wondering whether HLG is looking into this newly created exciting market?

I hear face masks as well as one off protective plastic overalls are currently in huge demand ... and from what I see in the news, both of these items could well do with some fashionable improvements. Isn't this where HLG is great at? Great design at reasonable prices ... and hey, they could sell all this gear over the internet.

Plenty of room for growth ... and if this virus runs out I am sure somebody can engineer a new one :
    NO worries, Coutts will along shortly to assure us everything is okay.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-02-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Banned

NO worries, Coutts will along shortly to assure us everything is okay.
    Yes it is and the sun/moon and other planets are still in the sky. PS-I dont see much change to the top 20 holder list of which I am a member.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes it is and the sun/moon and other planets are still in the sky. PS-I dont see much change to the top 20 holder list of which I am a member.
    I've got it mate ! HLG could start a new sideline in selling whatever happy pills you're taking as well as face masks, full hazmat suits, gloves and so on and then everything would be super fantastic and we wouldn't have a care in the world

Card sales for apparel sector in NZ for Jan month down 1.7% on last year and Been weakish for the last few months.

No worries though - HLG haven’t grown NZ sales for a while and all the good news comes out of Australia

JB Hi Fi doing well in OZ in spite of stories of retail gloom and etail acopolyse and other sensational stuff in the media

Good article on them in SMH

https://www.smh.com.au/national/how-...14-p540y0.html

Just like Glassons
    What that indicates is, despite the headwinds, retailers that have a good offer, competitive prices and high standards of customer service are being rewarded despite the challenges in the sector. Sure, headline-catching stunts can be entertaining, but more often than not just getting the basics right is all consumers need.