sharetrader
Page 370 of 899 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 8983
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    The psychology behind posts such as this is very interesting.
    I suppose when you have over a million dollars invested in one company, it's understandable maybe that one might be a bit sensitive to negativity?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All the recent stuff I have from Hallensteins is made in China -- that's what the label says anyway

They keep telling me 'You are awesome' ….. and buy more with this special discount because you are awesome
    They must read Sharetrader and note we think you are awesome............lol.

Just noticed the shares broke down through the 100 day MA at $6.05 a week or two back. (Note to self, must keep a closer eye on TA)
    Not a good sign.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just noticed the shares broke down through the 100 day MA at $6.05 a week or two back. (Note to self, must keep a closer eye on TA)
    Not a good sign.
    Just sell them mate, you know you want to. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All the recent stuff I have from Hallensteins is made in China -- that's what the label says anyway

They keep telling me 'You are awesome' ….. and buy more with this special discount because you are awesome
    That's a worry too. Might have to do some ground work and have a good look through the local Hallensteins store and see for myself.

Don't want too Coutts as I like dividends like they pay out but I am starting to wonder if they are sustainable at last year's level ? Supply chain issues ?
    Probably less risky than a lot of other retailers because HLG management are quick and nimble and will procure stock elsewhere.

Probably nothing to worry about eh Coutts...please send me some of those happy pills mate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-02-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's a worry too. Might have to do some ground work and have a good look through the local Hallensteins store and see for myself.

Don't want too Coutts as I like dividends like they pay out but I am starting to wonder if they are sustainable at last year's level ? Supply chain issues ?
    Probably less risky than a lot of other retailers because HLG management are quick and nimble and will procure stock elsewhere.

Probably nothing to worry about eh Coutts...please send me some of those happy pills mate.
    Just did an inventory on my HLG wardrobe and looks like an even split between China and Bangladesh, I opened one of my wife's wardrobes to have a look but put it in the too hard basket at this stage as I cant be bothered looking through 3 wardrobes absolutely stacked with clothes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    The psychology behind posts such as this is very interesting.
    Geez I didn't even mention ARV on this thread and still got told off... I suppose some people can't say anything (no matter how factual and true it is) without promptly being personally attacked.
    It seems objectivity goes out the window when things aren't so rosy.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 17-02-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Geez I didn't even talk about ARV on this thread and still got told off.

I suppose some people can't say anything (no matter how factual and true it is) without promptly being personally attacked.
    If only we were all so objective as sum others.
    Not a personal attack at all tj just your post was so random and you probably wouldn't like a random one like that put up on the ARV thread from the likes of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Geez I didn't even mention ARV on this thread and still got told off... I suppose some people can't say anything (no matter how factual and true it is) without promptly being personally attacked.
    It seems objectivity goes out the window when things aren't so rosy.
    Probably didn't help that you overlooked that the reason the profit declined slightly was purely due to changes to IFRS 16, accounting for leases. This is an accounting change only and profit outlook is not down when you account for this change. Anyway...lets all have a nice cup of calming herbal tea with our lunch and chill out

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not a personal attack at all tj just your post was so random and you probably wouldn't like a random one like that put up on the ARV thread from the likes of myself.
    I wouldn't mind at all, I love it when someone (who may or may not agree with me) posts on AFT or ARV etcs threads... especially if it was indeed true so please, do go ahead.

Reality is, my words ring true (and Mr Market agrees - with the share price down over 2% so far today): Not great... profit going backwards and future uncertain

And that is true Beagle, but still not a great result (and outlook) in terms of growth, contrasting to previous years.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 17-02-2020 at 11:44 AM.