sharetrader
Page 371 of 899 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471871 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 8983
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just did an inventory on my HLG wardrobe and looks like an even split between China and Bangladesh, I opened one of my wife's wardrobes to have a look but put it in the too hard basket at this stage as I cant be bothered looking through 3 wardrobes absolutely stacked with clothes.
    Might pay to find out which store your wife brought all her clothes from.?
    If it is Glassons, you are "well positioned."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I wouldn't mind at all, I love it when someone (who may or may not agree with me) posts on AFT or ARV etcs threads... especially if it was indeed true so please, do go ahead.

Reality is, my words ring true (and Mr Market agrees - with the share price down over 2% so far today): Not great... profit going backwards and future uncertain

And that is true Beagle, but still not a great result (and outlook) in terms of growth, contrasting to previous years.
    ARV is the only listed retirement sector stock I dont have an intimate knowledge of or in fact anything but basic knowledge of so I dont comment much about it. As you know very well Mr Market is a fickle beast so price rises and drops over the short term mean diddly squat but having said that I welcome any significant price drop with open arms as I'm always looking to buy more of these beauties at the right price.
    Last edited by couta1; 17-02-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Guru

ARV is the only listed retirement sector stock I dont have an intimate knowledge of or in fact anything but basic knowledge of so I dont comment much about it. As you know very well Mr Market is a fickle beast so price rises and drops over the short term mean diddly squat but having said that I welcome any significant price drop with open arms as I'm always looking to buy more of these beauties at the right price.
    Just because one does not post on a thread doesn't mean one is not looking at the company, perhaps for years and/or perhaps in far greater detail than you seem to automatically assume...HLG is down nearly 12% in the space of less than 3 months... given equity markets have gone up at least a few percent, this is quite the under performance, and I would argue far from a blip that is of no need to be concerned as you would allude to (a 17% under performance of NZX 50 from 3 December till today would certainly raise my eyebrows if I was a shareholder!)

I don't want to belt this out again, but I will: past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance, this may or may not apply to HLG
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 17-02-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Just because one does not post on a thread doesn't mean one is not looking at the company, perhaps for years and/or perhaps in far greater detail than you seem to automatically assume...HLG is down nearly 12% in the space of less than 3 months... given equity markets have gone up at least a few percent, this is quite the under performance, and I would argue far from a blip that is of no need to be concerned as you would allude to (a 17% under performance of NZX 50 in less from 3 December till today would certainly raise my eyebrows if I was a shareholder!)

I don't want to belt this out again, but I will: past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance, this may or may not apply to HLG
    I think that calming cup of tea Beagle suggested would be good, this company has been around 147 yrs with an enviable record of high dividend payments, no debt and a clean balance sheet, I've put my money where my mouth is and are happy to add more to my substantial current holding should the opportunity arise.
    Last edited by couta1; 17-02-2020 at 12:03 PM.

happy to add more to my substantial current holding should the opportunity arise.
    it is getting there !

I reckon anything under 5.50 is worth nibbling at.

Edit: Bargain hunters in already
    Hlg intraday17-02-2020.JPG
    Last edited by peat; 17-02-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

To be fair t.j. HLG went ex a 24 cent fully imputed divvy in December so shares are down 7% from the peak. That said, this one has tried to bust through $6.50 a couple of times and failed so maybe that is the peak for the foreseeable future ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

So H1 sales up $8m and profit remains same (or in real terms down $0,7m) ...hmmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Company was at pains to highlight the material currency difference of both the Kiwi and the Aussie dollars against the US dollar in its NZX releases in December 2019.

Never before have they highlighted how both currencies were materially weaker. In the context of that and the worst drought and bushfires ever in Australia I think its a highly credible result and it highlights just how cautious this companies statements are, when in reality they always seem to manage the challenges very well.

Autumn stock will probably already being in their warehouses so stock procurement not an issue for the coming season and easy enough for their buyers to redirect their buying activities to Bangladesh for the forthcoming Winter season buying program. Very few concerns about supply chain issues, as I think they can adapt quite easily so we can all go back to sleep.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Let's all hope nobody sneezed on clothes or cartons before shipping..................

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Let's all hope nobody sneezed on clothes or cartons before shipping..................

this is pretty funny , right the way through...

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....