sharetrader
Page 381 of 899 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481881 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As long as you hug the VWAP or close to it then you are making progress. PS-Im a strong swimmer.
    I swim like I ski, cautiously and slowly, much more mass to drag through the water lol
    I'll be back when this has been de-risked properly.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Beagle...he is still in delusion.....he will wake up one day .....market is a signalling huge recession...NZ economy bis too depending on China...n now china is struggling with pandemic.

He will wake up when September comes...

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Beagle...he is still in delusion.....he will wake up one day .....market is a signalling huge recession...NZ economy bis too depending on China...n now china is struggling with pandemic.

He will wake up when September comes...
    Coutts and I are great mates and I love him but we have very different investment styles just like we have very different skiing styles. I am very cautious and think that if I ski too fast I might fall and break some bones. Coutts flies down the slopes at 100 miles an hour and thrives on the speed and risk. Risk energises and gives an adrenalin rush to some people and I accept that. Others manage risk in a prudent and proactive way. He'll never change his ski or investment style and neither will I.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Me and him are good mates too.....we both like money too... except I don't like losing investment capital...n he is on love so much with HGL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Me and him are good mates too.....we both like money too... except I don't like losing investment capital...n he is on love so much with HGL
    I think you mean HLG and I'm not in love so much but rather the divvies are now my main reliable income source since cutting my other work down to 1 day a week and trading income is erratic and cant be projected accurately.

Banned

My bad.sorry....yes totally understandable....

I do what u need to do... follow your gut feeling. I will be waiting for $4.50 to get in....

This market is so ugly my strategy for anyone interested is not to have a preset price for reentry, (despite $4.50 looking like a good point or longer term support at $4.00).
    At times like this I find it more useful to throw the fundamental analysis playbook out the window, (these are not normal times), and stick with technical analysis.
    I will wait for the 30 day moving average to be broken back through to the upside and reestablish a half sized position and if it then goes on to break back up through the 100 day MA to the upside I would buy back the other half. I'll only get back in when this happens and not before regardless of how long this takes I am happy to sit on the sidelines.

Its a well managed company with no debt and I think this one is in as good a position as any to ride out the retail storm that might be coming but I am in capital preservation mode and happy to crystalize excellent gains in 2019 and earlier years of the bull run in my portfolio.

I'm not going to try and pick the bottom, I will let the market confirm the bottom is in and thereby greatly reduce my capital risk. The name of the game right now is capital preservation in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-02-2020 at 09:50 PM.

UK based Primark have warned that they may face shortages in clothing later in the year as 40% of their clothes are sourced from China. They are currently scrambling to source product elsewhere in Asia. It would be disingenuous to assume HGL are not in the same boat with supply. Even if HGL manages to avoid delays and disruptions to their supply chain one would assume margins will be lower as other clothing retailers will be bidding higher costs to ensure their supply of goods outside of China. This combined with a lowering NZD/USD.
    Last edited by rooster; 25-02-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    UK based Primark have warned that they may face shortages in clothing later in the year as 40% of their clothes are sourced from China. They are currently scrambling to source product elsewhere in Asia. It would be disingenuous to assume HGL are not in the same boat with supply. Even if HGL manages to avoid delays and disruptions to their supply chain one would assume margins will be lower as other clothing retailers will be bidding higher costs to ensure their supply of goods outside of China. This combined with a lowering NZD/USD.
    Primark are alot more aware of who are manufacturing what in their supply chain and are well positioned to respond. HLG dont have too much of a clue and rely on alot of purchasing agents to procure. Chinas textile industry was already starting to do it tough, alot of places waiting in the wings to supply, IMHO there is diversity in textiles to survive the supply shock better than some other industries (but thats not saying it wont be tough....)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Its HLG by the way and a lot of negativity has and is already been/being priced in which may not eventuate at the end of the day.