sharetrader
Page 389 of 899 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489889 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 8983
    percy

16% of HLG revenue is generated by their online sales.
    This part of their business is growing more quickly than their stores.
    Perhaps Corona Virus will see HLG's online sales go over 20% very soon.
    I would not be surprised to see the figure reaching 25% to 30% in the not too distant future.
    With their online business overheads already accounted for,extra sales will push up their margins further.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I would not be surprised to see the figure reaching 25% to 30% in the not too distant future.
    With their online business overheads already accounted for,extra sales will push up their margins further.
    Nice one Percy, very good point.

Veteran novice

Yes, good point, percy. Meanwhile, though, they still have those stores and staff to maintain and pay so let's hope that the supply chain doesn't suffer prolonged disruption.

Disc: "Rat and mouse" holder and keen buyer again in future!

The game has changed maybe all shopping will be done online who knows but will it make up for any shortfall from lack of mall foot-traffic buyers ?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    The game has changed maybe all shopping will be done online who knows but will it make up for any shortfall from lack of mall foot-traffic buyers ?
    That's the question! Meanwhile, HLG's pro-active moves should see it capturing an increasing share of whatever business is still being done.

Unless the extra online sales are a substitute for mall sales which would appear quite likely with the Covid 19 virus in which case it would make no difference.
    The worry is that most people want to try clothes on before they buy them so will they still be game to go to the malls to do so ? That's the $64,000 question, or in Coutts case a LOT more.

Agree the long term trend to more online shopping is helpful to HLG.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-02-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Perhaps.?
    However it certainly will help.
    I see strong online retailers such as HLG and BGP out performing the poor online retailers ,such as MHJ, whose online revenue is only 3% of total revenue.
    I would think people who are in isolation will spend more time online,and are likely to buy more goods on line.
    Buying new exciting clothing usually cheers up most people.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Unless the extra online sales are a substitute for mall sales which would appear quite likely with the Covid 19 virus in which case it would make no difference.
    The worry is that most people want to try clothes on before they buy them so will they still be game to go to the malls to do so ? That's the $64,000 question, or in Coutts case a LOT more.

Agree the long term trend to more online shopping is helpful to HLG.
    16% going through 20%, to get to 25 to 30%,proves a growing number of people do not try on clothes before buying.
    The break down between male/female would be interesting.
    I would think once HLG have attracted an online customer,they will retain them,by clever promotions based around their buying pattern.
    So even losing short term foot traffic in Malls, because of Corona Virus ,may work to HLG's [and BGR's] long term advantage.
    Last edited by percy; 29-02-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Nice downramping/scaremongering post with lots of mights/maybes/could be's. Nothing outstandingly special yet it has been around 147yrs and has out survived all comers. DYOR, well obviously I have as I'm sure all of the other big holders have done, sure the price could go down due to as you say low liquidity yet it is and would be driven down in the main by rats and mice sellers. PS-When I get the next shareholder list I will put up how much selling is coming from the top 100 holders as opposed to buying.PPS-From 7/2-21/2 there was an increase of 55418 shares over sells in the top 100 holders.
    While I use the words could/may is not definite I am simply guessing like most as Percy used the word 'perhaps' but tell me do you consider their stock choices to be superior to other similar stores and 'Sure' company been around for long time and Top10 hold again does that make them less likely to disappoint.

Perhaps.?

Buying new exciting clothing usually cheers up most people.
    Personally, I have never bought exciting clothing, and don't like the sound of it. It is the combination of a physical presence plus online that probably working for HLG.