sharetrader
Page 390 of 899 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490890 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 8983

Kevin Hickman doesn’t seem too worried about the HLG share price ... his horses winning at Ellerslie ...enjoying his riches
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

One thing that puzzles me is that in spite of great store presence and the much vaunted on line business HLG probably are continuing to lose market or at best holding market share.

Proxy for the market is Stats NZ Retail Trade data - clothing sector

Market sales have grown 4.3% pa in 5 years 2014 to 2019. Hallensteins in NZ growth +3.2% pa and Glassons in NZ 3.8% pa. That Glassons figure is weird because it includes the big turnaround.

So in NZ sales only growing in line with the market ...hardly inspiring in light the rhetoric about how good they’re doing in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Kevin Hickman doesn’t seem too worried about the HLG share price ... his horses winning at Ellerslie ...enjoying his riches
    Friends own horses an brings great joy when they win. Personally never backed another horse after the trotter 'Noodlum' won 17 straight going for '18' Gambled my wages of $100 win as paying $1.20 ..........15 lengths ahead with commentator saying would have to fall over to lose when a balloon blew across he ended up unhurt jumping the fence. Believe he raced with blinkers after and continued winning.

One thing that puzzles me is that in spite of great store presence and the much vaunted on line business HLG probably are continuing to lose market or at best holding market share.

Proxy for the market is Stats NZ Retail Trade data - clothing sector

Market sales have grown 4.3% pa in 5 years 2014 to 2019. Hallensteins in NZ growth +3.2% pa and Glassons in NZ 3.8% pa. That Glassons figure is weird because it includes the big turnaround.

So in NZ sales only growing in line with the market ...hardly inspiring in light the rhetoric about how good they’re doing in NZ
    Been doing well in Australia with Glassons though. Young Glasson over there got the Midas touch ? This is one stock I am really looking forward to owning again when the time is right as it really is a well oiled machine. Whether its well oiled enough to withstand the present headwinds is another thing. I think the share price continues to go backwards for a while but quite possibly at a much slower pace than the 26% thumping its had in the last 3 months..
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-02-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Been doing well in Australia with Glassons though. Young Glasson over there got the Midas touch ? This is one stock I am really looking forward to owning again when the time is right as it really is a well oiled machine. Whether its well oiled enough to withstand the present headwinds is another thing. I think the share price continues to go backwards for a while but quite possibly at a much slower pace than the 26% thumping its had in the last 3 months..
    Glassons AU sold heaps more in F19 than F18 but didn’t increase profits

Looks to heading that way again

Not much pointin selling heaps more and not making any more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    While I use the words could/may is not definite I am simply guessing like most as Percy used the word 'perhaps' but tell me do you consider their stock choices to be superior to other similar stores and 'Sure' company been around for long time and Top10 hold again does that make them less likely to disappoint.
    Let's see who is doing the selling, when most of the selling comes from big holders that's not a good sign unless they are wrong like Grahger were when they sold down, but then again they were just players rather than true big money.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-02-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Banned

Kevin Hickman started RYM with $10000 and his net worth is now a cool 400 million, is he smart or dumb money? You be the judge. PS-He hasnt sold any HLG.

percy

With so much carnage in the Aussie rag trade, I would expect HLG are being offered some excellent Mall ,and other sites, at reasonable rentals.
    Having such good growth in their online channel,means they can be very choosy.

Glassons AU sold heaps more in F19 than F18 but didn’t increase profits

Looks to heading that way again

Not much pointin selling heaps more and not making any more.
    Hmmm... Currency was an issue...actually speaking of that I see we're under 62.5 cents US now. Currency to be an even bigger headwind going forward ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Hmmm... Currency was an issue...actually speaking of that I see we're under 62.5 cents US now. Currency to be an even bigger headwind going forward ?
    Most probably the most important "retail" indicator I look at when considering HLG.