sharetrader
Page 395 of 899 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495895 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Eventually sure, but I think there are lots of people - particularly younger ones, in say their 20s or 30s - who are still making light of it and will continue to for some time. They won't stop going to the malls until their friends start getting infected. Even then, they may well rely on their youth and relative health to get them through. And if not, then they'll shop from home.

How many people, when the word "tsunami" is mentioned, rush down to the beach to see it? Lots more than you would like to think ...
    True that, as stupid as it sounds... but there's nothing to see with this virus for the young ones other than heaps of their friends posting on fakebook and other social media channels how sick they are. I can't speak for others but I know my two daughters aged 28 and 31 are really worried and that was before I started talking to them about putting together contingency plans.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-03-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

may as well do my bit in putting the fear of god into HLG shareholders ....everybody else is in panic mode

Glassons are going to be really struggling this in year in Aussie — maybe even be such a struggle they decide to pack up shop and come home and just be a NZ company.

Latest consumer confidence over there shocking news - and things going to get worse :

The ANZ Bank–Roy Morgan Research Australian consumer confidence index tumbled 4.2 per cent to 100.4, leaving it well below the average of 113.1 seen over the past 30 years.

It was the lowest reading since May 2014, largely reflecting dire sentiment towards the near-term outlook for the economy.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Number two daughter did her best to help Glassons turnover yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If we get community spread the shopping malls will be as quiet as a morgue. For what its worth, when the official virus count goes over 10 in N.Z. I am going to assume there's hundreds more infected who are currently asymptomatic and that's me done with shopping malls, restaurants and movies until the coast is clear, however long that might be. Happy to wear last year's clothes around the house, who cares ?
    Around 500 a year die in NZ from the seasonal flu. Surprised you are still venturing out, zero deaths from cv19 so far in NZ. Italy is the first place to get a serious bout in the first world. Average 17,000 deaths a year from seasonal flu in Italy, 463 (and increasing quickly) deaths linked to CV19. First mover Singapore has 0 deaths so far, Korea has had similar infection to Italy, but 20% of the death rate for some reason.

Banned

Italy and Japan have the oldest populations of any countries which is probably why their death rates are higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Around 500 a year die in NZ from the seasonal flu. Surprised you are still venturing out, zero deaths from cv19 so far in NZ. Italy is the first place to get a serious bout in the first world. Average 17,000 deaths a year from seasonal flu in Italy, 463 (and increasing quickly) deaths linked to CV19. First mover Singapore has 0 deaths so far, Korea has had similar infection to Italy, but 20% of the death rate for some reason.
    Swapping out tomorrow's regular weekly scheduled movie and drinks gettogether after work with a couple of good mates with a good bush walk in the Waitakere ranges instead. More healthy in more ways than one. They think this is a one-off lol. This thing has given me "paws" for thought, you see what I did there
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-03-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Just reporting some stats for the Trolls, over the last fortnight there was a net increase in shares over the top 100 holders of 225600, bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just reporting some stats for the Trolls, over the last fortnight there was a net increase in shares over the top 100 holders of 225600, bye bye.
    That’s interesting

Rich get richer while the plebs get poorer
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That’s interesting

Rich get richer while the plebs get poorer
    lol you mean the rich get poorer but they don't really care coz they're still rich
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Finally a sensible non fear mongering post