sharetrader
Page 403 of 899 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 8983
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I proposed that some weeks ago on this thread ... but unfortunately they don't seem to read it :
    All these items would have been easily sourced by HLG at the time? Unlikely.

with the rate aussie retail stocks are falling and doing profit warnings hard to see how hlg aussie stores havnt been severely impacted. guess the price is holding up with the 15% div yield lol poor buyers attracted by the yield
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Broking companies custodial accounts selling today and pushing the price down, they dont have a bottom price limit so lots of damage being done, I feel sorry for the clients who are the losers not the brokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Massive shuttering of stores overseas in Europe for a lot of retailiers. If we get community transmission we could see the same here.
    Low during the GFC according to a long term chart I reviewed this morning appears to be $2.13 on 27/02/09.
    Might be a useful marker to remember. Good luck Coutts. I am not tempted by the current price.
    Put an offer in for $2.62 for a small parcel but have just cancelled out of it partly due to your post. $2.62 will be a 5 year low. Will do nothing at this stage now.

Interestingly I was just at the Warehouse this afternoon. There was a steady stream of customers buying bleach (one bottle left on the shelf) and the usual other stuff. Pallets of tissues and other house hold cleaners were being steadily depleted. Looks like this crisis will affect different retail sectors quite differently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    with the rate aussie retail stocks are falling and doing profit warnings hard to see how hlg aussie stores havnt been severely impacted. guess the price is holding up with the 15% div yield lol poor buyers attracted by the yield
    You need to do your homework, as I've said before avg divvy paid over the last 17 yrs which included the GFC is 30c fully imputed, no poor long term holders only Lemmings or those forced to sell for other reasons.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-03-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You need to do your homework, as I've said before avg divvy paid over the last umpteen yrs including the GFC is 30.5c fully imputed, no poor long term holders only Lemmings or those forced to sell for other reasons.
    i dont think there is any comparable time in history to now , where countries go into lockdown , stores forced to close etc. anyway time will tell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i dont think there is any comparable time in history to now , where countries go into lockdown , stores forced to close etc. anyway time will tell
    I think a couple of world wars would disagree with you. PS-NO HLG stores have been forced to close and may or may not be going forward, not knowable.

Could be worse mate. At least you don't have any Kathmandu shares
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Could be worse mate. At least you don't have any Kathmandu shares
    Dog of a stock mate.

micheal hills announcement today of there whole canada stores closing due to virus is the biggest risk to all retailers. also the fact they are seeking rent relief in a number of stores outside canada says it all
    Last edited by bull....; 20-03-2020 at 10:07 AM.