sharetrader
Page 407 of 899 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 8983
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Fair enough and thank you for your comment and for saying it in a respectful way. I will definitely keep that in mind.

They can't sell a quantity like they have on the market, it simply can't absorb that sort of volume.
    Perhaps they're not looking to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Real investors eh macduffy

Most punters who call themselves ‘investors’ are only really ‘traders’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Exactly, Beagle would make a good politician as he simply avoided the essence of my post by going off on a tangent.

HLG is a very good and extremely well managed company with a REALLY long history. I think its highly likely they will get through this (but not unscathed).
    These are unprecedented time's and in my opinion it makes good common sense not to announce any dividend when they report next week. Keep their powder dry for a rainy day...because it could be raining for quite a while. I'll let TA tell me where the bottom is.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    HLG is a very good and extremely well managed company with a REALLY long history. I think its highly likely they will get through this (but not unscathed).
    These are unprecedented time's and in my opinion it makes good common sense not to announce any dividend when they report next week. Keep their powder dry for a rainy day...because it could be raining for quite a while. I'll let TA tell me where the bottom is.
    Well yes easy to say when you dont hold and dont rely on the dividend for income, it's a pure divvy income stock, not a growth company in any true sense, I for one would be extremely disappointed if no dividend was declared, a reduced one is fine but none at all would go down like a lead balloon and the market would react accordingly. PS-No we dont live in unprecedented times, check out how many died from the swine flu in 2009(Around 250k) what is unprecedented is the massive hype and overreaction.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-03-2020 at 07:49 PM.

When Jacinda raises the alert level and they have to close all their stores for the coming winter, the current share price will seem rather expensive. It's not a matter of if but when. We will not escape a complete shutdown. Painful months ahead I'm sorry to say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flugenbear View Post
    When Jacinda raises the alert level and they have to close all their stores for the coming winter, the current share price will seem rather expensive. It's not a matter of if but when. We will not escape a complete shutdown. Painful months ahead I'm sorry to say.
    We have a Prophet in our midst and a gloomy one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    We have a Prophet in our midst and a gloomy one at that.
    WE are no different from UK, Australia and the US. We will be in lock down very soon. This is different from SARS, because COVID 19 has the potential to overwhelm healthcare resources, stay at home wash your hands and maybe we can keep the infection rate low enough so the health system can look after us all.

most retailers will be forced to shut shop in level 4 , malls might have to shut up level 3 . not much time left before we get there. hlg , kmd, bgr , etc etc etc face this reality
    one step ahead of the herd

As a shareholder I hope they do not declare a dividend. Anyone have any comment regarding landlords coming to the party regarding rent? I assume if they close the malls HLG would not have to pay rent.