sharetrader
Page 428 of 899 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I do think they will reap the benefits of their significant focus on ecommerce. They already had a significant amount of volume going through online precovid.
    The top line may of course do OK considering the current conditions and their e-commerce efforts... but at what margins?

If i remember correctly I believe HLG's FX hedging policy is 12 months out; those hedged USD rates above 70c must be starting to run dry and this will adversely impact the bottom line.

I have no doubt that HLG mgmt. will see this through in the long term. However, I don't anticipate H2 to be as pretty as their latest Glassons outfits; HLG is at risk of overall top line decline + declining in margins in times of "unprecedented uncertainty" in their own words.

I am very surprised HLG is close to $4 already, remembering it traded close to $3 a few years back when the future was a lot less foggy.

Guru

the re pricing of the stock market may be partially due to the FOMO combined with the vast amount of money supply that reserve banks are bringing to the market. the GFC was a slow moving train wreck but this time the US has increased money supply on a vast scale. The BOJ has gone QE infinity and DR Siegal has even mentioned the inflation word. But then many though the US dollar would get roasted last time and it didnt.

Cool hoodies at great price in today’s email
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    The top line may of course do OK considering the current conditions and their e-commerce efforts... but at what margins?

If i remember correctly I believe HLG's FX hedging policy is 12 months out; those hedged USD rates above 70c must be starting to run dry and this will adversely impact the bottom line.

I have no doubt that HLG mgmt. will see this through in the long term. However, I don't anticipate H2 to be as pretty as their latest Glassons outfits; HLG is at risk of overall top line decline + declining in margins in times of "unprecedented uncertainty" in their own words.

I am very surprised HLG is close to $4 already, remembering it traded close to $3 a few years back when the future was a lot less foggy.

I would be more worried about C-19 than movement in exchange rates which may or may not be to a degree recovered
    With COGS at roughly 40% x T/over in this type of business - assuming 100% imported, which it wont be, what's
    the max damage from a reasonable currency move .. eliminate on-recoveries, then consider they are seasonal.
    Smart Operators - they will probably be constantly reassessing & repositioning
    Winter 20 pricing was probably already looked at pre Covid-19. Summer 20/21 season is possibly in planning works now, if not
    in the coming months
    Last edited by nztx; 03-05-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Glassons advertising from 1944, pretty cool eh.

https://m.imgur.com/DpKImnV

I wonder what the 2044 line will look like...

been a few on here saying online sales booming which is correct but according to the lastest figures it masks the truth that retail sales are very bad

Retail NZ says online retail sales are up 350 per cent under Alert Level 3, but overall sales are down by about 80 per cent on average

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12329305
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    been a few on here saying online sales booming which is correct but according to the lastest figures it masks the truth that retail sales are very bad

Retail NZ says online retail sales are up 350 per cent under Alert Level 3, but overall sales are down by about 80 per cent on average

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12329305
    Oh wow!

Thanks for sharing the obvious - NOT.

I guess if overall sales weren't down, the price would still be at 6 bucks eh

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Oh wow!

Thanks for sharing the obvious - NOT.
    money printing will never solve demand side erosion

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I guess if overall sales weren't down, the price would still be at 6 bucks eh
    nah $6 was bull market froth