sharetrader
Page 439 of 899 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Put it this way

I bought something online from Hallensteins. Took 16 days to get here

My experience with dealing with Hallensteins this time not a good one. Hallensteins 'goodwill' / reputation negatively affected. My expectations (to some extent raised by their marketing) were not met.

Mind you it's taken 21 days and still waiting for goods from Wild South ...again its Wild South's 'goodwill' / reputation that's suffering

The customer is always right ...they have a choice and can vote with their feet or wallet
    I never said the customers was wrong, I was just tell my experience of it all. On a personal level I purchased stuff on line during lock down also, took 4 weeks to get to us, I new exactly why. I don't blame the company or courier, I think everyone was trying their best.
    A bit of empathy and patience goes a long way. Definitely has not put me off purchasing off them again.

Its all academic now as the couriers will catch up on the backlog and now that we don't have to buy online the majority of people will go back to shopping normally. That is to say there will be an increase in online orders from the time before COVID but it will be manageable for the couriers I suspect.

Put it this way

Given the issues with couriers why has a company like Hallensteins not got their local stores to do the deliveries. With a nationwide store network, they probably have stores within a 20 minute drive of most customers.

It would give customers a more reliable service and a point of difference while customers numbers are low and couriers are snowed under.

I’m sure there are real problems in rolling out a service like this quickly because otherwise it would be more common, but given clothing is small, lightweight and durable it should be easier for Hallensteins than other places.

Put it this way

My experience with dealing with Hallensteins this time not a good one. Hallensteins 'goodwill' / reputation negatively affected. My expectations (to some extent raised by their marketing) were not met.

Mind you it's taken 21 days and still waiting for goods from Wild South ...again its Wild South's 'goodwill' / reputation that's suffering

The customer is always right ...they have a choice and can vote with their feet or wallet
    So you use an example of two different retailers who cannot control the delivery times? How can they do anything about it? You want it magic carpeted to your door?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Given the issues with couriers why has a company like Hallensteins not got their local stores to do the deliveries. With a nationwide store network, they probably have stores within a 20 minute drive of most customers.

It would give customers a more reliable service and a point of difference while customers numbers are low and couriers are snowed under.

I’m sure there are real problems in rolling out a service like this quickly because otherwise it would be more common, but given clothing is small, lightweight and durable it should be easier for Hallensteins than other places.
    Would it look good for company to have the young sales assistant rock up in their dirty old '91 Corolla (or dare I say it, Corona) at your house to make that special delivery? Not sure that would be the image they'd be chasing, it would have to be nicely sign written modern vans or summink.

I called to order some new contact lenses a couple of weeks ago. The receptionist told me no worries, they'd be there the next day - "I've sent Robert out on deliveries". Yep, he's the optometrist - and now highly qualified courier!

percy

Not helpful at all

Hard to keep your customers happy if your delivery is ****e ....no matter how good your online offer is.
    Well I ordered my new "Wish" watch in January or February.On special freight free.Total cost $4 NZ.
    Has not turned up yet.Ordered from a firm just up North from Auckland,a place called China.
    A bit of a bugger as the $6 one I brought a couple of years ago battery has given up the ghost..
    Thought it would at some stage.That is why I ordered the new watch,as I thought it would most probably be cheaper than buying a new battery here.
    Not a problem yet,as my computer has the time on it,as has my car.Just have to do the mental adjustment as the car's time is three hours out.
    Expecting the courier any month now.
    Last edited by percy; 25-05-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I ordered my new "Wish" watch in January or February.On special freight free.Total cost $4 NZ.
    Has not turned up yet.Ordered from a firm just up North from Auckland,a place called China.
    A bit of a bugger as the $6 one I brought a couple of years ago battery has given up the ghost..
    Thought it would at some stage.That is why I ordered the new watch,as I thought it would most probably be cheaper than buying a new battery here.
    Not a problem yet,as my computer has the time on it,as has my car.Just have to do the mental adjustment as the car's time is three hours out.
    Expecting the courier any month now.
    And ...... no phone,no time Mr P ?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    And ...... no phone,no time Mr P ?
    Correct. No mobile phone for Percy. When he used to visit Nelson on book selling trips, I found it easiest to get hold of him via ST messages LOL !!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Correct. No mobile phone for Percy. When he used to visit Nelson on book selling trips, I found it easiest to get hold of him via ST messages LOL !!
    "It really worked too."...lol.