sharetrader
Page 441 of 899 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 8983
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    So true and it's in the back of my mind. But I think HLG will be better placed to handle it than most, and if some of the competition falls away, then it will only leave them better positioned.
    I totally agree with your comments.
    The Virus has brought forward huge changes in retail.
    Altered or brought forward online buying by 2 to 5 years .
    The crystal ball I owned is broken,so I can not foresee the huge changes happening in retail.
    Just know it with come at a huge cost to all retailers,as landlords fail to adjust their rentals, and surviving stores try to trade with empty stores around them,while ongoing overheads keep on increasing.
    Last edited by percy; 10-06-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Take care.
    Some very disturbing comments from MAX fashions,with regard to landlords not looking at longer term rent reductions.
    Appears the temporary Virus reductions, although positive, do not take into account the ongoing issues ALL retailers face.
    I have often stated Mall landlords are near impossible to deal with.They have not faced up to the new retail environment.I expect a great number of retail failures, and a growing number of empty shops.
    In the past HLG have often bemoaned excessive rentals,and I expect that has been the big driver of them embracing the online channel,which they are very good at.
    Empty shops are appearing in malls and shopping centres, this start a supply vs demand effect and if anything reduce rents. let's hope landlords do not gouge those tenants who stay to offset their unrented spaces

HLG coy on store closures

https://nzherald.co.nz/business/news...ectid=12338626

I still reckon they still might do a strategic withdrawal from Australia ...or at least only do online stuff over there
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    HLG coy on store closures

https://nzherald.co.nz/business/news...ectid=12338626

I still reckon they still might do a strategic withdrawal from Australia ...or at least only do online stuff over there
    Guy on CNBC said yesterday he believed the trend to online retail had been brought forward by as many as 10 years in some sectors as a result of Covid. Probably not quite that much in the apparel sector as people still want to make sure they like the feel and fit of the clothes.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Glassons advertising from 1944, pretty cool eh.

https://m.imgur.com/DpKImnV

I wonder what the 2044 line will look like...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Guy on CNBC said yesterday he believed the trend to online retail had been brought forward by as many as 10 years in some sectors as a result of Covid. Probably not quite that much in the apparel sector as people still want to make sure they like the feel and fit of the clothes.
    Agreed, to some extent if people know the brands well they don't mind ordering online, but the risk is way too high for me to rely on online even when websites like iconic do decent discounts.

No surprises here ........

"Fashion brand Ingrid Starnes has announced it’s closing the retail arm of its business due to the impacts of Covid-19.

It’s tough times for the local fashion industry right now. This week, clothing chain Max announced it was closing 17 stores with a number of staff facing redundancy. In May, Juliette Hogan announced it was closing its bridal channel at the end of June to “refocus” its energy on its main collection and retail stores. And in February, Harman Grubisa came to a sudden end after more than five successful years on the scene."

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/10...y-store-opens/

Banned

Bendon outlet too ...looking to close couple of thier stores...shame the models are not for sale...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    It’s tough times for the local fashion industry right now.
    No illusions there.

However, I see this bit as a positive for HLG:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    This week, clothing chain Max announced it was closing 17 stores with a number of staff facing redundancy.

Just sampled a couple of demographics in our household... My 11 year old daughter thinks it's funny that Max is closing because she prefers Glassons, while her mum likes Max. When put to my wife that if confronted with the prospect that Max is a gonna, would she then shop at Glassons, her response "No i will not, because Glassons don't do stuff that is nice!"

So there you have it, dumping the HLG shares tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Just sampled a couple of demographics in our household... My 11 year old daughter thinks it's funny that Max is closing because she prefers Glassons, while her mum likes Max. When put to my wife that if confronted with the prospect that Max is a gonna, would she then shop at Glassons, her response "No i will not, because Glassons don't do stuff that is nice!"

So there you have it, dumping the HLG shares tomorrow.
    Haha Family sampling! Been a while since I had anything to do with manufacturing clothing but remember there been a huge different between Max/Glassons styling.