sharetrader
Page 443 of 899 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 8983
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. Far too early to get a firm line on recent trading and profitability IMO. HLG's a progressive retailer but not a company to take risks with its liquidity.

What are the chances of an increased next dividend, where earlier 2020 Dividend has been cancelled & Company hasn't fared to badly ?

Quote Originally Posted by smbunn View Post
    Back to HLG. I noted that KMD shares have surged on news that they are doing quite well. I bought at the 50 cents issue so am pretty happy. HLG is in the same space, but we don't hear from them. Do you think a market update on trading would have a huge impact on the share price? Also, are they going to release the unpaid dividend from April in November, a double payment in effect, that would surge the price if it was at the 40 cents level.
    I am interested to see if they were paying full rent or had any reduced rent/rebates which may be good for bottom line? not sure if this has been reported on by the company to date

Wonder if Glassons have had to close Melbourne stores?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

When's that well dressed cat gonna come back?
    He obviously got his fashion accessories from HLG.

I miss that authoritive look he gave your posts

Advanced Member

Was in the city today and bought a few shirts, talked to staff said trade has been tracking back to pre-covid levels, sounds encouraging to me.

Legend

Some solid email marketing campaigns coming out of HLG in the past month, with good offers

Some obvious recent rerating by Mr Market of the HLG & BGR in retail along with HGH does not surprise..

Discl: Hldr in these

Anyone considering this one needs to carefully consider how bad things could potentially get in Australia as well as the severe recession and ballooning umemployment here. The stubbornness of the very high Covid numbers in Victoria despite being in lockdown for more than two weeks and the potential for spread to NSW is a risk factor that deserves very careful consideration in terms of its impact on Glassons Australia.

Disc: Not holding....might be interested somewhere in the mid-late $2's.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I see HLG put out a trading update 12 Aug last year so we may hear some news shortly

IMO

Bought my last ever sale shirts and socks yest from Hallys downtown.It and Glassons have closed permanently leaving just the Bayfair mall shops. Ironically our local council have just dropped onerous earthquake strengthening rules here which were making it unviable to fix up all the old shops.Some had already been demolished! "This town is coming like a ghost town" by The Specials ,fits accurately, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    I see HLG put out a trading update 12 Aug last year so we may hear some news shortly
    Told us the other 10 stores closed in Victoria due to virus ...that’ll hurt them

Even worse when Sydney stores close as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”