sharetrader
Page 461 of 899 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 8983
    Investor

A $5 close is not out of question by COB today....

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    And to think all the crap and downramping that was spoken on here a few months ago was just nonsense, just highlights the fact that each must follow their own leading no matter what the crowd say.
    Seems the way of the world eh mate ..... texans have a good phrase for it

I was stupid and topped up when they were going broke
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Yep, punters will buy the divie now

Wonder what price in December when its paid

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep, punters will buy the divie now

Wonder what price in December when its paid
    Sure, make that $5 by open for now

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

Well you were close, hit that on the open!

Not much depth in the sell chart, only 1,000 shares!

Missed by that much

I'm glad I added a few at $4.66 a few days ago. Was kicking myself when They dropped even lower, but I am smiling now.

so full year dividend 39 cents fully imputed

Whats a good risk adjusted return (yield) these days

Say 5% ...........jeez punters could be happy as paying $10

Even if things got a bit bad and divie sown to 30 cents $8 would still be very attractive

I am almost lost for words. FY21 Sales year to date in the middle of lockdowns in N.Z. and Victoria are up 10.71%...that almost blows my mind and beggars belief ! I thought year to date sales would be down 10% in the circumstances. The 24 cent divvy vastly exceeded my expectations...to be honest I was expecting 10-15 cents or maybe no dividend. Frankly, I am profoundly surprised with how remarkably well they are travelling during this Covid crisis.

After the forecast announcement some weeks back I came up with a fair value of about $5.40 if my memory serves me correctly.
    What is clear is that they have managed the most extraordinary of adverse circumstances incredibly well in FY20 and online sales are booming.
    The only way I can understand that is to try and get my head around the power of a powerful brand. Powerful brands have been doing well during the Covid crisis and I think the sales being up nearly 11% year to date really underscores that HLG has very strong brand power.

39 cents fully imputed = 54.2 cps gross. At 9% (which is the same yield I used in my previous dividend valuation...it could be argued yields have come down since then), I get fair value of 54.2 / 0.09 = $6.02.

Remarkable resilience by this company in FY20 during the most challenging conditions ever (including very adverse exchange rate in FY20), which has notably improved materially for them since then and the trend to online sales and the early sales growth in FY21 gives substantial encouragement to holding what is arguably the premier dividend payer on the NZX.

Disc: I added more this morning.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-09-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    And to think all the crap and downramping that was spoken on here a few months ago was just nonsense, just highlights the fact that each must follow their own leading no matter what the crowd say.
    I take it you stayed the course couta? Pleased for you. I remember the hubris being tossed about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I take it you stayed the course couta? Pleased for you. I remember the hubris being tossed about.
    I stayed the course but in a reduced way as I significantly upped my A2 holding. PS-I shall be rejecting any crap talk on that stock with a passion.