sharetrader
Page 465 of 899 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 8983

Yip, that's right, 7% after tax, so roughly 10% before tax. Quite incredible really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfish View Post
    Yip, that's right, 7% after tax, so roughly 10% before tax. Quite incredible really.
    Im just sayin though - and astute readers will note that I am having no consistency in my views - the worst shares I've ever bought have been div yield traps.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

That what u said too on FRE...but sp been up since your last post 80c....

maybe peat has a different time horizon than you have? I can see where he is coming from.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

HLG has made this dog quite fat with its XXXXXL dividend feeds over the years. Very interested in adding even more after today's remarkable revelation about how resilient they have been in extraordinarily difficult circumstances. Sales up ~ 11% year to date (with the benefit of a much better exchange rate than last year)...considering lockdown's on both sides of the Tasman...I struggle to get my head around how good that is in the circumstances.

Yes, just on 10% gross yield at today's close of $5.55 and 24 cents of that back in just on 2 1/2 months just in time for Christmas shopping

Disc: Topped up twice today and probably haven't finished yet. Where else can you get an extremely resilient 10% yield !
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-09-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

As i have said before MR B has made off with the money.... lucky we got a few at 4.01 but its still gnawing us to the bone to see how good this company really is.... (not nearly enough as usual)... sometimes a balance portfolio just cant compete...

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Excluding HLG I had a pretty successful day on the NZX.

Including HLG, well, I have decided to treat myself to a bottle of wine this weekend.

12 month compound buy and hold return 2.89%
    6 month compound buy and hold return 117%
    om mani peme hum

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

Including HLG, well, I have decided to treat myself to a bottle of wine this weekend.

12 month compound buy and hold return 2.89%
    6 month compound buy and hold return 117%

Something similar seen here

ANZ with Aussie Govt's straightjackets on banks being relaxed today & HLG reporting
    represent some fairly good gains

The bundle of best of the other selected NZX holdings have performed pretty well with good entry points

Same here. My portfolio being overweight in HLG and OCA is really starting to pay off. OCA has plenty of scope for medium term capital growth still i reckon, while this one i suspect will back off somewhere just north of 6 bucks in the short term, so I'll just have to be content with those juicy dividends going forward and wait for people to get tired of sub 1% returns on their TD's for more SP appreciation...I'm in no hurry, not selling either stock as the tax bill will be horrendous.

Good to see that the grants are taxed so they are basically getting their money back and I do not have to feel guilty receiving the dividend.

Hallensteins obviously not quick enough introducing a lockdown casuals range but Snow Leopards are naturally outfitted for any occasion:

That fur coat looks a bit thick and heavy for summer
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine