sharetrader
Page 466 of 899 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Same here. My portfolio being overweight in HLG and OCA is really starting to pay off. OCA has plenty of scope for medium term capital growth still i reckon, while this one i suspect will back off somewhere just north of 6 bucks in the short term, so I'll just have to be content with those juicy dividends going forward and wait for people to get tired of sub 1% returns on their TD's for more SP appreciation...I'm in no hurry, not selling either stock as the tax bill will be horrendous.
    By some weird coincidence I have just paid myself the same XXXOS divvy I would have received if I had my original sized HLG holding by selling my A2 holding down and buying back to match current market price.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    By some weird coincidence I have just paid myself the same XXXOS divvy I would have received if I had my original sized HLG holding by selling my A2 holding down and buying back to match current market price.
    Yes I thought you sold most of your HLG.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    Yes I thought you sold most of your HLG.
    Yep had some genuine other expenses to sort out unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep had some genuine other expenses to sort out unfortunately.
    Bugger because you were top 20

I may join you on the ATM register soon.
    Tell me again how confident are you that it will get to 25 within the next 9 months or so.

Banned

Bugger because you were top 20
    I actually made it to spot number 10 at one point. Regarding that $25 for A2, being one of the top 100 holders that own 87% of the company I'm very confident, if you study the past price movements you will notice that it's price can accelerate quickly once the game players stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Im just sayin though - and astute readers will note that I am having no consistency in my views - the worst shares I've ever bought have been div yield traps.
    Divie yields great today and going forward ......but from where markets are today there is a high chance of a loss of capital I reckon

Nothing like a free lunch eh peat .... or as some say making such high returns (over risk free rate) it must be too good to be true
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Divie yields great today and going forward ......but from where markets are today there is a high chance of a loss of capital I reckon

Nothing like a free lunch eh peat .... or as some say making such high returns (over risk free rate) it must be too good to be true
    I reckon as long as interest rates are going down, good dividend yield stocks likely in demand. It's when interest rates no longer under pressure dividend stocks going to be re-rated. What then? Maybe bank stocks worth looking at over the next wee while, one of the few shares likely to do well with rising interest rates?

Dream on re rising interest rates

Dream on re rising interest rates
    You're clearly young. Law of physics, what goes down must come up.