sharetrader
Page 480 of 899 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Well sales might be up but did sales increase because people were sitting at home with nothing to do with Sub in the bank and thought great ill buy some more clothes on special discount prices? Next trading update will be the one to whatch.
    Next update due early December

Just imagine what would happen to the share price if the +10% sales increase for Aug/Sep has increased to 15% for August/November
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Really had to update this chart with latest share price and profit forecasts

Had to increase the scale to fit in expected shareprice of 750 to 800

And dancing man ...the whole chart is trending up .... highs are higher and lows are higher

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    HLG, Briscoes and others being discussed on Magic Talk this afternoon and many outraged listeners voicing their anger and suggesting boycotts at companies taking the wage subsidy while making decent profits and paying dividends. HLG is very guilty on this front and personally I think it is morally wrong.
    Agree, but admittedly I have (as non holder but tax payer) a conflict of interest.

Obviously - you could argue as well that the board is required to maximise shareholder returns - not taking free money from the taxpayer might be a violation of their duties to the shareholders? I am sure they did follow all the rules and guidelines.

Difficult ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aussie budget will see Glassons sales rocket ....tax cuts and all that boost retail spending big time

Glassonss AU disappointed of late but f21 will be the star of the Group stable.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Really had to update this chart with latest share price and profit forecasts

Had to increase the scale to fit in expected shareprice of 750 to 800

And dancing man ...the whole chart is trending up .... highs are higher and lows are higher
    Thanks Winner. The situation makes a lot of sense when you look at a 15 year chart like that, good work mate, much appreciated.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

We look forward to the next market update. many thanks to the information published here by retail investors and financial professionals.

Those sell offs also had major global events in the background at each of them or other events, currency, gfc, retail pressure from global suppliers opening shops ect.

Yes the aussi budget even push the banks up and takes some doing..
    Last edited by Waltzing; 07-10-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Guru

6 dollars..

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    6 dollars..
    Resistance at $6 very strong.

Wait for next week for decisive move above $6.00.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Resistance at $6 very strong.

Wait for next week for decisive move above $6.00.
    C'mon, spill the beans for us....

I have a long standing investment approach which looks at the yield in the medium term based on the net invested capital now. You won't read about it in any investment handbook, its my personal approach which I have found extremely rewarding over many years.

In a nutshell I look at the medium term and consider the sustainable dividend yield based on the net price of the share to me after treating any share trading cum dividend as if the near term dividend receivable is a partial return of my initial purchase price. In this day and age of almost zero interest rates even a 2 month delay in the final dividend for FY20 can be treated this way. My underlying thinking with this revolves around the fact that for any new shares purchased now I was not a shareholder in FY20 so am not really entitled to consider any dividend from that year as a dividend per se, its simply a partial return of my invested capital for FY21 and beyond dividends.

I find it very useful to distill my true medium term yield in this way because it drills down into the real essence of the medium to long term investment case.

The net investment at $6.00, looking at the yield for FY21 and beyond is thus $6.00 less the 24 cent fully imputed dividend due in December = $5.76.

My assessment as recently shared is I think they can pay fully imputed dividends in the foreseeable future at ~ 50 cents per annum so for FY21 and beyond my forward yield calculation is as follows. 50 cents fully imputed = 50 / 0.72 = 69.44 cps gross inclusive of imputation credits. My net purchase price above after adding back the cum dividend part of the purchase price at $6 is $5.76.

The gross yield to me for FY21 and beyond is thus 69.44 / 576 = 12.06% Gross Yield.

Whether you think my approach is technically correct or not, that's how I do my dividend hunting and I will stick with it because I know it works
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-10-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine