sharetrader
Page 491 of 899 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 8983
    Guru

ive chirped up on special DIV. end of 21 ? surely its got to be a reality with so much cash sloshing about compared to shares issued.

To the best of my knowledge they have never paid a special dividend before but to be honest, all their dividends are pretty special

12% gross yield I am forecasting is very special, I am sure you would agree
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2020 at 05:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Yes MR B and that maybe why im still waiting for my buy today in the holding company... did not get in quick enough.

Prehaps there will be an increase in the DIV , but i think they must know this special div exists and to keep 30 - 50 odd million lying around is a waste of share holder money..it actually belongs to the shareholders.

they could at least return 10 million. I may be being a bit high minded here as an only sometimes holder.

but id buy a LOT more if i could if i knew they had some policy as to special divs.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 12-10-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Yes MR B and that maybe why im still waiting for my buy today in the holding company... did not get in quick enough.

Prehaps there will be an increase in the DIV , but i think they must know this special div exists and to keep 30 - 50 odd million lying around is a waste of share holder money..it actually belongs to the shareholders.

they could at least return 10 million. I may be being a bit high minded here as an only sometimes holder.

but id buy a LOT more if i could if i knew they had some policy as to special divs.
    Lol I wouldn't speak too loud about all this extra cash sloshing around, Labour might do a few targeted door knocks post election trying to recover wage subsidies.

HLG's claim looks well within the law and the spirit of the law to me. Massive numbers of shops were shuttered and online sales channels shut down for many weeks.
    A reminder that their second half profit inclusive of the wage subsidy that covered only part of the cost of keeping staff employed, was significantly lower than the previous half year.

Your comment seems highly implausible. Sour grapes ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Oh dear are those supporters that lurk on other sites here to? Do they have someone monitoring from the labour unions?

lets face it the balance sheet of HLG is just amazing, only 59 million share issued, 50 million in cash. Surely one of the strongest on the NZX.

PE only 13.. EPS 46 .. well its been said here often surely when AUS opens up again, well ...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 12-10-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Oh dear are those supporters that lurk on other sites here to? Do they have someone monitoring from the labour unions?
    Coutts used to have truckloads of these but doesn't appear to now own many / any. Sellers remorse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    HLG's claim looks well within the law and the spirit of the law to me. Massive numbers of shops were shuttered and online sales channels shut down for many weeks.
    A reminder that their second half profit inclusive of the wage subsidy that covered only part of the cost of keeping staff employed, was significantly lower than the previous half year.

Your comment seems highly implausible. Sour grapes ?
    Glassons NZ H2 profit up 10.7% in H2 v pcp / Glassons AU H2 profit up 19.4% in H2 v pcp -- great performance

Hallensteins a real disaster - H2 profit down 51.4% V pcp

Overall Group H2 profit down 4.9% v pcp ...but then it was down 3.6% in H1

The Glassons numbers should hearten you for for other reasons than wage subsidies - just as well Hallensteins made things look really bad and justified the wage subsidies.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Lighten up guys, was just a cheeky comment although I did read an article in the weekend that Audits are going to occur. PS-I do still have some but they are mostly ones I manage on behalf of a family member and a friend.

Guru

ATM doesnt pay a DIV. Growth only on 30 PE...

HLG has growth and DIV only 13 PE.

We had all the best shares and found good reasons to sell them all. These days we dont sell till the rockets are fuelled and lifting off..

Why would you sell a share that performed in the GFC and has a strong balance sheet... Accounting 101

We even bought KMD and trade it.

We dont own many retail as per a 6% allocation for each retail stock.

Im sure he sleeps better at night not having huge allocations tied up.

How ever you dont make the big money without big bets or you can take a more measured approach over the long term and settle for less risk.

After all you have with some luck decades of investing to come well into middle and old age.

HLG held 6 dollars from october till feb this year. It may well have moved up from there but for covid.

We should see it test new highs this summer.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 13-10-2020 at 12:09 PM.