sharetrader
Page 492 of 899 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 8983
    Legend

Onwards & upwards - today's close $6.15 , the day's high $6.18

looks like $7 or north of that could be ahead & well justified based on Div yield

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Onwards & upwards - today's close $6.15 , the day's high $6.18

looks like $7 or north of that could be ahead & well justified based on Div yield
    All time high 638 later this week I reckon

It's looking like Beagle was spot on where this heading

cool eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

cool eh
    If you're talking the rumour that was meant to put a rocket under the SP, I think it was balance and I'm afraid the NZX50 inclusion this time round goes to PEB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    If you're talking the rumour that was meant to put a rocket under the SP, I think it was balance and I'm afraid the NZX50 inclusion this time round goes to PEB.
    Missed this time (I have some PEB too), but there's always next time which is the regular quarterly index adjustment, next coming up to be announced on the second Friday in December (which is just under 2 months away).

I recently outlined my reasons for adding including my forecast of 12% gross yield which must surely be the highest yield in the market !

Just as an aside...I was reviewing my main trading banks call account interest rate yesterday, BNZ business call rate 0.05% per annum. That's 20 years to earn 1% or 240 years to earn what you can earn in one year with HLG ! One wonders what the BNZ and other trading banks are going to pay on their call accounts when the OCR goes negative next year ? Will we have to pay them to keep our money "safe"
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

cool eh
    648!

HLG.NZ 04/12/2019 SELL 641.82
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Stats NZ Card Spend data for September had bank economist / commentators happy as spending was pretty robust

Digging down into the data and the apparel industry Sept spend was 6.7% up on last year but that follows August being down 21.4%.

Combined Aug/Sep sales were down 7.8% on last year

That's the period that HLG say group sales are up 10% - history would suggest that HLG NZ stores haven't grown much share if any so the data from NZ sort of says Aussie must be going gangbusters for HLG

Trend wise apparel sales in NZ dropped 12% (annual sales) during lockdown and the market is still running at this level - ie no big catch up spend yet.

Go Glassons AU - we need you to be big heroes.

Huge addressable market in Australia with a significantly reduced amount of competition. Extremely hot looking website, (where's my heart pills . ) "Sexy Sells"...no worries.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Huge addressable market in Australia with a significantly reduced amount of competition. Extremely hot looking website, (where's my heart pills . ) "Sexy Sells"...no worries.
    Suppose the market in Australia is ‘dressable’

LOL, you're on good form this morning

Guru

Surely they are working on lifting brothers performance?