sharetrader
Page 510 of 899 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 8983

Hey waltz - HLG have always been very quiet on the disclosure front

A few brief announcements a year and not much fanfare around interim and final reports

They keep a lot to themselves ....and I have a few suspicions about what's not been fully 'disclosed' in the F20 result that may come out in F21

That's the way they operate - just have to put up with it

With many companies you do get the impression that shareholders are a necessary pain - especially those solid companies that never need to go to the market to get capital.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    What was the HLG results in there AUS operation up to the last lock down. The fact that after 20 years companies do not produce extensive stats in XML formats in appalling. It just shows that the management of these companies dont know where the on button is.

No uniform IDS nor a publish schemas for data transformations. Its a disgrace and just shows that most people in management arent sure where to plug the devices in.

Its as if software development has gone back to the main frame mind set and i dont think the implications of that are well understood yet.

The charts produced back in the late 80 and early 90;s were far better then the on line junk supplied by professional platforms.
    Regardless of whether you believe in crypto or not the free access to data, API's and charting/trading tech in that industry is simply astounding compared to 'traditional' capital markets. To be fair there is a cost to getting cleaned data for algo's but by comparison there is no comparison

FYI XML is old tech now, lol. Json for text, Protobufs, etc for Binary formats
    Last edited by causecelebre; 05-11-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Guru

Sure i can do a jason transformation .

JSONString = JSON.ToJSON(Product)

{"PROD:NAME:: "Widget", "PROD:PRICE": 45.99, "PROD:QUANTITY": 12}

the point im getting at is that stats should be accessible to share holders in a managed data format rather than great but fancy set of PDF that simply make it almost impossible to get at data.

Yes there is some market sights with some data.

But its simply pathetic when we have self landing rockets and bots like Sarah that we have put up with a standard of stats that is more a case of a public that is satisfied with very little.

its really just pathetic. its beyond the pale.

we have our own advanced scripting language and therefore we are not the general public.

in general (all companies on the NZX and ASX)shareholders are being treated in a very very poor way.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 05-11-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Veteran novice

OK, just don't invest in companies that don't do things your way.

Guru

"Our way"

its now about our way, or your way. Its about moving forward and using technology that empowers share holders and investors.

Its a opportunity for AUS and NZ to lead the world in disclosure. It not our way, its the WAY FORWARD. And its about 20 years behind where we should be.

I understand your frustration. I really want order flow data, not just the book, but the trades. If data and API's are accessible then surely they can only benefit from the liquidity. That said the NXZ would be crippled with any real volume....just look at at the recent DDOS. It's a creaking, brittle piece of infrastructure. And don't get me started on the really crappy offerings from the likes of ASB Sec. Even Sharesies UX is better. Anyhoo, chat for another forum....

I wonder how many here would use a proper trading interface if avail?
    Last edited by causecelebre; 05-11-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Guru

Yes the live data is expensive and i understand people with tech skills would love to get it. We would settle for a data and XML with a schema is best for company accounts and schedules. I dont think jason is expansive enough for data transformations for company accounts. XML and XLD Dictionaries can handle that.

at least stats NZ let us download in good old CSV. and excel will open it. getting that data sent by NZ stats is something we must enquire about.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 05-11-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Guru

Are we likely to see supplied problems this summer with retailers getting product shipped to new zealand?

Are we likely to see supplied problems this summer with retailers getting product shipped to new zealand?
    HLG have done an exceptional job with their sales and supply chain logistics challanges throughout the covid period.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

What was the HLG results in there AUS operation up to the last lock down. The fact that after 20 years companies do not produce extensive stats in XML formats in appalling. It just shows that the management of these companies dont know where the on button is.

No uniform IDS nor a publish schemas for data transformations. Its a disgrace and just shows that most people in management arent sure where to plug the devices in.

Its as if software development has gone back to the main frame mind set and i dont think the implications of that are well understood yet.

The charts produced back in the late 80 and early 90;s were far better then the on line junk supplied by professional platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    Regardless of whether you believe in crypto or not the free access to data, API's and charting/trading tech in that industry is simply astounding compared to 'traditional' capital markets. To be fair there is a cost to getting cleaned data for algo's but by comparison there is no comparison

FYI XML is old tech now, lol. Json for text, Protobufs, etc for Binary formats
    Bring back ASN1 and BER for everything!

Meanwhile I still hold HLG (& BGP)
    om mani peme hum