sharetrader
Page 514 of 899 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 8983
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    looks like you got your wish all companies on notice

[FONT="]Yesterday, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said she would be asking the Ministry of Social Development to make do an audit on companies that had taken the wage subsidy offer over the past few months.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]That was on the back of companies such as Fulton Hogan, which took up the offer of a wage subsidy then went on to make a huge profit.[/FONT]
    "There is a moral question here," Ardern said.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...4UXPINZP7GKUA/
    Virtue signal speak which translates as.....Grant and I ****ed up big time. Never mind, it's not like it's our money.

Guru

Well now that the EFCY rate is 90%

we have moved off shore . funds moving to ASX .. some stocks there will rerate very quickly now.

Will still hold a small retail NZ.

DISC: reduced local retail at 50% profit.

NZ Electronic Card Spend for October stats out today

Apparel sales up 13% on October last year

Overall retail sales really booming - core retail up 10% in October v pcp and now on annualised basis running ahead of pre-covid times. Apparel however still down 11% on pre-covid levels ---- how long to recover or were sales lost during lockdown lost forever
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZ Electronic Card Spend for October stats out today

Apparel sales up 13% on October last year

Overall retail sales really booming - core retail up 10% in October v pcp and now on annualised basis running ahead of pre-covid times. Apparel however still down 11% on pre-covid levels ---- how long to recover or were sales lost during lockdown lost forever
    Happy days
    Disc: Topped up with a few more this morning. Can't get enough of a good thing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Happy days
    Disc: Topped up with a few more this morning. Can't get enough of a good thing.
    They still have good stock, economy is still going well, only thing I am hearing is supply lines issues from overseas and that does not relate to HLG.

Guru

we are pleased for all holders of this wonderful stock and we may move back in after next results but we are not expecting a 100 percent move in the stock price in the next 2 years and thats whats on offer on stock purchased this morning on the ASX we purchased in a holding company as we expect to add more of recovery sector stocks on the ASX in the company 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    I think the donkey toothed fairy can take her "morals" and place them carefully where the sun shineth not. The question is merely a legal one for business. Any pretense of "morals" these days is usually a signal of virtue and not in shareholders interest in any way.
    Morals matter, perhaps not to you in certain circumstances if you benefit from a lack of morals or ethics but if you are disadvantaged you may change your mind and think that morals do matter.

There is a lot of immoral behaviour in business that is not illegal or it is hard to prove it is illegal e.g. Feltex, Mainzeal, Wynyard, CBL.

Morals matter in business. So if a business is lying, stretching the truth, manipulative, fibbing, fabricating, pulling the wool over our eyes, twisting, distorting, falsifying, misrepresenting the facts, evasive, scheming, conniving, deceitful, deceptive, a hypocrite, a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a hoax, a sham, a scam, two faced, it does matter to the general public. And reputation matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    They still have good stock, economy is still going well, only thing I am hearing is supply lines issues from overseas and that does not relate to HLG.
    I might be reading that wrong...do you know for sure that supply line is not an issue for HLG? Or are you saying that what you've heard is unrelated to HLG? I've been thinking about this myself lately, while I sit here patiently waiting for some consignments I ordered from China some weeks ago. I don't know how deep it goes but surely this inability to get stuff around the world in a timely fashion is going to be hugely detrimental to a lot of businesses and wider economies. On top of that, the usual supply and demand forces will be impacting shipping costs (especially air freight) and hurting margins...definitely something to bear in mind for HLG I think.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Morals matter, perhaps not to you in certain circumstances if you benefit from a lack of morals or ethics but if you are disadvantaged you may change your mind and think that morals do matter.

There is a lot of immoral behaviour in business that is not illegal or it is hard to prove it is illegal e.g. Feltex, Mainzeal, Wynyard, CBL.

Morals matter in business. So if a business is lying, stretching the truth, manipulative, fibbing, fabricating, pulling the wool over our eyes, twisting, distorting, falsifying, misrepresenting the facts, evasive, scheming, conniving, deceitful, deceptive, a hypocrite, a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a hoax, a sham, a scam, two faced, it does matter to the general public. And reputation matters.
    Tell us about Cindy continuing to wear the hijab after it was pointed out to her that she was supporting the oppression of women in certain Muslim countries.

Seems like morals do not matter in politics?

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post

well said. it esp important for brand based companies
    one step ahead of the herd