sharetrader
Page 523 of 899 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 8983

Greed and Envy are both ugly things. Some people don't seem to understand that and are making complete fools of themselves rehashing the same issue over and over and over again. Deeds not words...get a life for goodness sake.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

off topic: got another objection today. edited removed statements, ill be a RED one soon. Honestly they should remove the option as im sure it doesnt work. While we are stuck here in NZ we dont want to offend the shaky isles.

It would be interesting to know what testing HLG do in focus groups to decide what the average customers is going to buy.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge on the retail purchase process? and how in depth this is as with such large amounts of money at stake in the buying program it would be interesting to know how random this process is or how scientific.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 12-11-2020 at 02:20 PM.

My understanding mate is that HLG's buying managers are very cool and trendy types who really know their stuff when it comes to knowing what's hot and what will sell.
    Have a look at the Glassons summer collection on their website, you'll see what I mean. HLG to the best of my knowledge have the highest stock turn of any listed retailer. What they buy usually sells very well. I would imagine there's some really serious pent up buying demand in Melbourne and now that people can go shopping they most certainly will...and with a vengeance !
    Plenty have money but can't travel. Their mortgage is at an unprecedented low rate and they WILL spend on retail !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I think its clear i spend to much time in the country side and not enough in cities or at the races! I would make a hopeless buyer!

Your comments are almost making me a full time professional whatcha of this stock when i should be taking a greater interest in europe right now. Ive almost got HLG fever due to your fervour for the stock! This is a casual forum is it? or have i not understood its purpose as it does not display active live statistical data and require a paid sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    I think its clear i spend to much time in the country side and not enough in cities or at the races! I would make a hopeless buyer!

Your comments are almost making me a full time professional whatcha of this stock when i should be taking a greater interest in europe right now. Ive almost got HLG fever due to your fervour for the stock! This is a casual forum is it? or have i not understood its purpose as it does not display active live statistical data and require a paid sub.
    LOL You should go to the annual meeting. Rumor has it that many of the senior buyers and management are extremely good looking and could easily double as models modeling the swimwear. Oh my goodness, that's something I would buy an AIR ticket to see Would be fun to talk to Tim Glasson too. I should head down there to the annual meeting this year now I have "a few" shares.

Guru

we held a few thousand back.. checked one of the portfolios..they arnt all up on screens at once as the server update is not real time.. updating has occured and we have some still... can attend AGM prehaps but the next 6 months is very very hectic.

This time we have the trading range at 5.80 to 7.50 for the next 12 months based on your estimates.

As you know we have had these share for over 15 years and will hold again with a month im sure.. ASX and europe have taken the profits from here to there.

many thanks for your public comments when your valuable time can be employed else where.

note: vol again today - KMD over 1 Mil - hlg ... virtually nothing...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 12-11-2020 at 04:38 PM.

I understand your frustration on the liquidity front mate. North of an average of 19% annual compound growth rate in eps the last 4 years, a forward PE of just 10 by my estimate for a company growing at that rate and a gross yield of 11.5% are compelling metrics however. For what its worth I just chip away at it accumulating when I am building a position. I have more now than I have ever held in the past. That yield is just insanely good for where interest rates are now.
    That huge dividend coming just before Christmas is going to be put to very good use and enjoyed.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-11-2020 at 07:53 PM.

DFABPCLMB

Here is some light relief. I can't tell if the Simply Wall Street website is a ramper, a shyster or if it is for real, but they have a "fair value" for HLG of $32.79 per share. That is not a typo and it isn't quoted in pesos.

https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/reta...ares#valuation

On a more serious note: talk of inclusion in the NZX50 is extremely premature. For inclusion you need to meet a number of criteria for multiple consecutive quarters, and you need to make it to position 44 or 46 (can't recall), not just scrape in at 50, to be included. They are a long way from that, plus I'm not sure they are first in the queue. By the way, I believe dual listing in Australia to increase liquidity may harm HLG's chances for inclusion given dual listed stocks are devalued to the NZ component of their business for the purposes of inclusion in the NZX50.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    we held a few thousand back.. checked one of the portfolios..they arnt all up on screens at once as the server update is not real time.. updating has occured and we have some still... can attend AGM prehaps but the next 6 months is very very hectic.

This time we have the trading range at 5.80 to 7.50 for the next 12 months based on your estimates.

As you know we have had these share for over 15 years and will hold again with a month im sure.. ASX and europe have taken the profits from here to there.

many thanks for your public comments when your valuable time can be employed else where.

note: vol again today - KMD over 1 Mil - hlg ... virtually nothing...
    A sign of Stakeholder satisfaction in HLG ?

Bodes well for further HLG SP appreciation .. surely ?

Have you considered that there are twice as many KMD shares on issue now to be considered
    for any dividend ? Assuming all goes well - expect at best half the dividend previously & possibly following
    in past KMD dividend tradition - at least one of the two KMD Div's to be bare of any Imputation credits
    (the IRD 33% W/Tax knife applied to it) assuming they resume paying 2 Divs a year as in past years..

One of the consequences of the Cap Raise to rescue things for KMD in midst of the Covid-19 slump
    late March - early April 20, with heavy dilution of holders pre Cap Raise - holders must now wear lower
    cps Div as ongoing cost of the exercise.. unless trading is something north of exponentally astounding..
    Last edited by nztx; 12-11-2020 at 09:55 PM. Reason: add more

Guru

Expect the Div for KMD to be well below previous.

KMD is the trader stock of the two for sure and HLG a longer interval investment . yes we agree with you.