sharetrader
Page 524 of 899 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 8983

A compound growth rate of 19% in last 4 years or 1.7% in last 14 years, really makes you think....

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    A compound growth rate of 19% in last 4 years or 1.7% in last 14 years, really makes you think....
    Sure does...Glassons has really taken off as a brand in recent years in Australia that's for sure ! Huge market and huge opportunity for ongoing strong growth.

I topped up even more this afternoon and if that helps burn anyone who is short, well that would really make my day !!

Might get a few more next week too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-11-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Thank you for supporting the stock price! BB+.

still wondering where that MET money has gone.....

Huge growth out of Australia but HLG were doing similar EPS (inflation adjusted) in 2006. I guess that means there is room for even more growth!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Thank you for supporting the stock price! BB+.

still wondering where that MET money has gone.....
    Its going to be a bumper December dividend for the Beagle household that's for sure ! Wow...that's a lot of incoming cash due next month
    On your second point, looking at the chart in the last two weeks you'd be easily forgiven for thinking MET shareholders simply chose MEL to reinvest in the most similar alternate stock ticker handle they could find !

Huge market James, more than 5 times the size and they still have less Glassons stores in Aussie than here.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-11-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Very disappointing ... lucky we lightened OCA until some good news and then hopefully those investing in MEL will regret there investment...

MEL and MCY the new blue water investments ... we used to trade those stocks and we regret we stopped..

Expecting opportunities in HLG as the USA melts down in a complete over run of the health system.

expect some very heavy pressure on the DOW in january and feb.

Yes it hasn't escaped my attention that HLG's sales are in N.Z. and Aust which in terms of the virus are in vastly better shape than most of the rest of the world.
    I am expecting a strong test of the upper $6.50 resistance level in the next few weeks.

US will have to go into lockdown for a month or so, no choice.

Guru

We have been expecting just this :

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...out&li=BBqdg4K

Regards to US the famous DR Fauci says no lock down if they can do it right... well we give that a fat chance there is a new joke in our camp ground (local bubble up the long road drive) that NZ does not have a Ghost Buster team complete with vehicles to lock down buildings and contains the local kiwis running around inside and out...

The farce over the auckland apartments is a case study in how long NZ has had to create the Ghost Buster Team response units and so far not one of these high response teams has made it out of the big new Covid head quarters on to a motor way near anywhere...

No amount of QE can keep the market up if cases go sky high. Theres a new insanity afoot and its in the air waves.

History repeats itself . We have made good profits as Mr Quest would say from HLG share price repeating itself based on events in the market.

PS: i can feel big red notifications coming anytime...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 13-11-2020 at 10:10 PM.

That's the beauty of HLG mate. They have been around for more than 73 years and are highly experienced at dealing with all sorts of challenges.
    The exchange rate is very high which will help Autumn and winter stock purchases and there will be a lot less discounting this year which will really help margins.
    Tim Glasson with his just over 20% stake has his owners eye very firmly on the ball. I get a lot of reassurance from that.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes it hasn't escaped my attention that HLG's sales are in N.Z. and Aust which in terms of the virus are in vastly better shape than most of the rest of the world.
    I am expecting a strong test of the upper $6.50 resistance level in the next few weeks.

US will have to go into lockdown for a month or so, no choice.
    We are increasingly hearing about difficulties in accessing stock from various industries. I heard from a mate that works at ITM that they are fast running out of stock of building materials and delivery times that used to be 1-2 months are already up to 5-6 months. He believes it will seriously slow down housebuilding this summer. Some shipping companies have or are considering canceling some NZ routes and are bypassing little old NZ because of our very stringent COVID port controls and small market.
    I wonder if this is already affecting HLG as well !