sharetrader
Page 539 of 899 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 8983
    Advanced Member

Bought some this morning for $6.49c and trade notification came through about 5 to 10 mins later, all good. Bought another lot over an hour ago for $6.60 and no trade notification. Are they (ASB) waiting for sp to drop so they can buy them at a cheaper rate and then sell them to me at $6.60 .

Advanced Member

There's Playa's and players.

Don't you lose your shirt in the home of The Brothers

Guru

normaly we buy at 4 and sell at 6..KMD is up also... happy holders of both until we are not holders ... yes if you want more of this stock you need to buy now before Mr B buys more of this BBB+

we are happy to have taken some of our profits yet again at just over 6... we seem to do this every few years...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-11-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Playa View Post
    I might have a small nibble I think
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTQo6bdBMxQ I wouldn't muck about...I might change my mind any minute and decide I want lots more
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    normaly we buy at 4 and sell at 6.
    That's a losing strategy now
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am fighting the urge to do a Couta1, maybe resistance is futile lol. (I already have a very fulsome position).

Perhaps its my imagination but it looks like liquidity and volumes are improving in recent times which if so, won't do their chances of inclusion in the NZX50 in due course any harm.
    Careful now ...take a depth breath before you cash up your OCA to go the HLG all in way

You could easy become a Top 10 shareholder in HLG

Jeez even I hold heaps more than the Chairman ...maybe we need to get on the Bosrd
    Last edited by winner69; 24-11-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

large vol today in hlg, over 120,000 , did not see if it was off market .

hang on i did not say we SOLD all our position Mr B... and if the news is good we will increase it again if the new range is higher..

Those profits moved off shore to a stock that may double in the next 3 years... now HLG may also double but we will have profited in exchange currency that is more use to us long term in europe.

Long term i believe NZ has huge ARGI potential but new food technology in Stockholm is very interesting.

Dont sell OCA yet!!!!

The finance minister just threw in the towel....

DISC: currently in the NZ portfolios we are holding some OCA, HLG , KMD ... other sectors.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-11-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Careful now ...take a depth breath before you cash up your OCA to go the HLG all in way

You could easy become a Top 10 shareholder in HLG

Jeez even I hold heaps more than the Chairman ...maybe we need to get on the Bosrd
    For what its worth extremely high conviction for me is 15% in any one stock. I believe its prudent and sensible to put limits and discipline's around one's enthusiasm because everyone needs checks and balances, myself included. This also recognizes that nobody knows the future with absolute clarity. I'm at 15% with HLG so unfortunately I have to stop buying.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-11-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For what its worth extremely high conviction for me is 15% in any one stock. I believe its prudent and sensible to put limits and discipline's around one's enthusiasm because everyone needs checks and balances, myself included. This also recognizes that nobody knows the future with absolute clarity. I'm at 15% with HLG so unfortunately I have to stop buying.
    So you probably be selling some soon to avoid being overweight HLG as price approaches goes past $7.50 towards $10

Percy would say let winners run ..no matter what the portfolio weighting
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So you probably be selling some soon to avoid being overweight HLG as price approaches goes past $7.50 towards $10

Percy would say let winners run ..no matter what the portfolio weighting
    Definitely a school of thought that says that's a good strategy. For what its worth I am happy to let high conviction positions, (which I think have heaps of potential), run up to 20% before rebalancing e.g. OCA at 17.7% at today's closing price. I'm certainly not pretending my strategy is better than anyone else's but my one passes my "sleep well" test.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-11-2020 at 05:20 PM.