sharetrader
Page 54 of 899 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You would think that if Kathmandu are creaming it at the moment then HLG should be as well.

Share price pretty low at the moment, struggling to rise above multi year lows
    Sounds like a buy Winner?

Advanced Member

Topped up on yesterdays close at 2.65. Couldn't resist the 30c div and 11%+ yield.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Topped up on yesterdays close at 2.65. Couldn't resist the 30c div and 11%+ yield.

30c div? I don't think so in the next year at least.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    30c div? I don't think so in the next year at least.
    Would be happy at anything over 20c, which = four times bank interest.

Retail on a roll in NZ. Stats Electronic Card Spend figures for June exceeded even the most optimistic forecast.

Westpac say -

Spending on retail cards surged in June, with a 1.2% gain over the month. While we had expected some bounce following last month’s Easter-related weakness, the gain seen in June was well above even the most optimistic market forecast.

Gains in spending were widespread in June. There were particularly large increases in spending on durables (likely related to the continuing strength of the housing market) and apparel, possibly assisted by the recent turn in the weather. The strong tourism season also appears be boosting spending with a solid increase in spending on hospitality.

HLG will be doing more than OK - profit upgrade coming
    Last edited by winner69; 11-07-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

.......gotta be happy chappy's at HLG right now. What with the cold damp miserable weather which should see the woolly winters flying off shelves AND the high KIWI$.........they must be printing money right now surely. BIG divi cant be too far off either? HOLDER
    Have a Gr8day.

Banned

Retail on a roll in NZ. Stats Electronic Card Spend figures for June exceeded even the most optimistic forecast.

Westpac say -

Spending on retail cards surged in June, with a 1.2% gain over the month. While we had expected some bounce following last month’s Easter-related weakness, the gain seen in June was well above even the most optimistic market forecast.

Gains in spending were widespread in June. There were particularly large increases in spending on durables (likely related to the continuing strength of the housing market) and apparel, possibly assisted by the recent turn in the weather. The strong tourism season also appears be boosting spending with a solid increase in spending on hospitality.

HLG will be doing more than OK - profit upgrade coming
    Winner,

I've rejigged my numbers for the full year and have the following (could have egg all over my face as we could see a Trading update any day). I'm banking on expenses falling about $3m from H1 to H2 like they did in 2015 to partially compensate lower gross margin from lower NZDUSD which knocks GP by about $4-5m.

FY Implied 2H
    Sales: $225m $112.6m
    GM: 56.2% 55.6%
    Expense: $107m $52.1m
    NPAT: $14-14.5m $7.2-7.7m

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Winner,

I've rejigged my numbers for the full year and have the following (could have egg all over my face as we could see a Trading update any day). I'm banking on expenses falling about $3m from H1 to H2 like they did in 2015 to partially compensate lower gross margin from lower NZDUSD which knocks GP by about $4-5m.

FY Implied 2H
    Sales: $225m $112.6m
    GM: 56.2% 55.6%
    Expense: $107m $52.1m
    NPAT: $14-14.5m $7.2-7.7m
    A tad lower than last years $17.4m

Everybody expecting a ****ty result so your $14.5m would be a stunning result and all will be honky dory again and the share price will rocket over $3 again ...and more

Seeing retailers appear to doing very well at the moment with the economy on fire and all that one would hope that they don't report something like $13m npat - that indeed would be bad

Maybe not $2.50 but how about $2.75 then
    You guys laughed at me i posted that last October

plenty o be had sub 275 wasn't there

Hard to figure with other retailers doing well why Mr Consistent in the apparel trade has a blot on their almost impeccable track record ?

A one off and management working hard to restore lustre or systematic of something of an evolving trend affect the middle price segment of the rag trade ? Dividend hounds will be hoping its the former and regular XXL sized feeds will resume soon.

Hard to read the tea leaves on this one. This hound loves a good divvy feed but cautious on this one. as I get the sense the amount of dog food coming might be trimmed back a bit for a while / perhaps more than a little while ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-08-2016 at 05:50 PM.