sharetrader
Page 55 of 899 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You guys laughed at me i posted that last October

plenty o be had sub 275 wasn't there
    Not me. I recall saying to you that if they came in below $13m (the break even line on our pint bet) that they'd see $2.50. As its turned out nearly got there anyway on poor sentiment.

This is result is hard to pick. No market updates would imply something in the $13-15m range so anything outside that they should really be updating the market imho.

Went to Hallenteins recently to shop for some t-shirts on special.
    Wasn't very impressed by their $10-$15 range, because they went down too long past the waist. Same thing with their long sleeve tees, but they went down even longer.
    I went to the Warehouse and bought some $5 t-shirts instead.

Advanced Member

Glasson opening new shop in Sylvia Park?, noticed the other day as walking past all those flashy shops. Big posters of Glasson Models covering all the construction protective barrier walls while the renovation is going on.
    Last edited by see weed; 04-08-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Glasson opening new shop in Sylvia Park?, noticed the other day as walking past all those flashy shops. Big posters of Glasson Models covering all the construction protective barrier walls while the renovation is going on.
    Now come on mate...you know its no good for a slightly older gentleman's blood pressure looking at those pretty models

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Went to Hallenteins recently to shop for some t-shirts on special.
    Wasn't very impressed by their $10-$15 range, because they went down too long past the waist. Same thing with their long sleeve tees, but they went down even longer.
    I went to the Warehouse and bought some $5 t-shirts instead.
    .......perhaps your'e just vertically challenged in the leg department JR?? Anyway you'll be taking those Wharehouse T's back for a refund shortly as they fall apart then back into HLGs for some real quality!!
    Have a Gr8day.

IMO

Disagree there. The hallensteins shirts are so thin now they look tatty after a few washes (just like elsewhere). The long tshirts are the BLVD Kings brand ,style, some with 15cm zips on each side; great if you want to look like a 61 year old gangsta. I buy their tshirts because some of the designs on the panel tshirts(printed/patterned all over not just a small block print on the front )are really creative and cool. In fact if anyone has the Park brand with the Tide design on it and want to sell please pm me. I emailed the company asking for 10 but they'd discontinued it after two successful years.

Advanced Member

I buy all my work business shirts, suits and trousers from hlg and they are great quality, smart looking plus great value superior to whs in my opinion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A tad lower than last years $17.4m

Everybody expecting a ****ty result so your $14.5m would be a stunning result and all will be honky dory again and the share price will rocket over $3 again ...and more

Seeing retailers appear to doing very well at the moment with the economy on fire and all that one would hope that they don't report something like $13m npat - that indeed would be bad

Pre-release looks OK overall:

Sales: $223.5m, GM: 56.5% NPAT: $13.5m

Dividend to be maintained at historic levels suggests a final of 16.5cps which means a payout of 30cps for the year v eps of only 23cps. Clearly management are confident of cash flows remaining strong & stronger than npat/eps. Also state unfavourable FX hedges have been used and future FX is at better rates and Glassons doing better since Di came back. Reads a bit like a FY17 upgrade of sorts although far too early to make predictions about FY17.

Investor

Following sentence taken from their trading update, had to laugh at the highlighted bit doesn't two negatives make a positive?? Just an observation nothing cynical...

"Net profit after tax is projected at approximately $13.5 million, a decrease of -22% on the
    prior year ($17.386 million.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Pre-release looks OK overall:

Sales: $223.5m, GM: 56.5% NPAT: $13.5m

Dividend to be maintained at historic levels suggests a final of 16.5cps which means a payout of 30cps for the year v eps of only 23cps. Clearly management are confident of cash flows remaining strong & stronger than npat/eps. Also state unfavourable FX hedges have been used and future FX is at better rates and Glassons doing better since Di came back. Reads a bit like a FY17 upgrade of sorts although far too early to make predictions about FY17.
    The dividend is often more than free cash floe - obviously see consistency as important even if runs down cash reserves a bit

The $13.5m a bit lower than your estimate of the $14.0m-$14.5 a week or so ago - but as long as you are happy that's OK

Long time ago my forecast was $13.3m (with a $10m worst case) so I reckon I pretty clever. Somebody has to say so - nobody else does
    Last edited by winner69; 09-08-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”