sharetrader
Page 56 of 899 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

W69 ...clever doesn't even start to describe your contribution...the reason why people don't say it more often is its the new "normal" for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The dividend is often more than free cash floe - obviously see consistency as important even if runs down cash reserves a bit

The $13.5m a bit lower than your estimate of the $14.0m-$14.5 a week or so ago - but as long as you are happy that's OK

Long time ago my forecast was $13.3m (with a $10m worst case) so I reckon I pretty clever. Somebody has to say so - nobody else does
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Banned

The dividend is often more than free cash floe - obviously see consistency as important even if runs down cash reserves a bit

The $13.5m a bit lower than your estimate of the $14.0m-$14.5 a week or so ago - but as long as you are happy that's OK

Long time ago my forecast was $13.3m (with a $10m worst case) so I reckon I pretty clever. Somebody has to say so - nobody else does

Haha. Well winner you are so clever you'll remember that you owe me a pint as I went $13m or above and you took unders.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Haha. Well winner you are so clever you'll remember that you owe me a pint as I went $13m or above and you took unders.
    Might be a recount - wait until official result is posted and we'll sort that pint out
    Last edited by winner69; 09-08-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Updated an old chart

The market over the years has been very consistent at how it has 'valued' HLG hasn't it

If you believe next years NPAT will recover to 2015 levels (+30% odd) then todays price is a SCREAMING BUY

One for the value hunters or dividend hounds maybe?
    Last edited by winner69; 09-08-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Updated an old chart

The market over the years has been very consistent at how it has 'valued' HLG hasn't it

If you believe next years NPAT will recover to 2015 levels (+30% odd) then todays price is a SCREAMING BUY

One for the value hunters or dividend hounds maybe?
    The three factors they mentioned as impacting this year's results have all be fixed or ameliorated. Exchange rate was around John Key's goldilocks 65 cents for quite some time there and that's obviously changed materially and the start of winter was the warmest I can ever recall and oh my goodness how that's changed !! Looks like Glasson's its getting is product offer sorted too.

With other clothing retailers like Kathmandu doing well this year's result is increasingly looking like the bottom of the cycle.

Good that the top line has been maintained which gives me confidence they can bounce back from here. Signalling final dividend will be at historical level's has this hound assessing the future deliveries to his food bowl.

Last year we had 16.5 cps final and 13.5 cps interim, total 30 cps fully imputed so at $2.70 that's a net dividend yield of 11.11% or a gross yield of 15.4%.

This reporting season is ALL ABOUT THE OUTLOOK and this is a prime example in my opinion. Outlook materially better than the expected result. How many other companies pay you a consistent 15% divvy to wait for improved results ?

There's definitely seriously good value here for dividend hounds !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-08-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Got to thinking, (over a good steak and cheese pie for lunch) a 6 cent rise in the Kiwi from 65 to 71 U.S. (9% increase) is going to do wonders just in itself in regard to their circa 3% reduction in gross profit margin.
    At the very least this in itself should easily restore gross profit margins to previous level's, if not considerably improve them from historical norms and then with things starting to pump at Glassons if we had half normal weather next year, gosh, we could easily see this back to $3.50 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Got to thinking, (over a good steak and cheese pie for lunch) a 6 cent rise in the Kiwi from 65 to 71 U.S. (9% increase) is going to do wonders just in itself in regard to their circa 3% reduction in gross profit margin.
    At the very least this in itself should easily restore gross profit margins to previous level's, if not considerably improve them from historical norms and then with things starting to pump at Glassons if we had half normal weather next year, gosh, we could easily see this back to $3.50 plus.
    The stars are all aligning nicely aren't they

Jeez - $3.60 is about a 30% gain and add in dividends that's pretty good

As per last night's post - A SCREAMING BUY

The stars are all aligning nicely aren't they

Jeez - $3.60 is about a 30% gain and add in dividends that's pretty good

As per last night's post - A SCREAMING BUY
    45%+ total shareholder return over the next year would not surprise me in the slightest. Nice clean and tidy balance sheet and they're good operators who slipped once and the market has punished them too harshly.

I can easily see $20m plus next year just on the currency shift alone ! GENUINE VALUE HERE !! Its ready to take off !!
    http://movieneon.com/titles/1987/wal...acters/hooker/
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-08-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

You mention xrate of us 71 cents - its 72 cents today but wheeler is going to stuff the nz economy tomorrow so lets assume 70 cents for the full year

Never mind - the key thing is that margins are likely to be higher in F17. Even if only 2% points higher thats more than $4m extra profit which would take npat back to F15 levels

As you mention other things, like Glassons, have improved and we should see a decent sales boost as well - a couple more million eh

Yes $3.50 share price sometime soon is on the cards

It started that run today eh - positive momentum is good, long may it continue

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Yes $3.50 share price sometime soon is on the cards
    Not by Christmas by any chance is it Winner? Gee with HLG going to $3.50, HBL up to $1.60 and SCL headed to $5 (all by Christmas), isn't it a great time to be alive.

Anyway, Roger, back to your turn to push this thing up the ramp.

Last edited by nextbigthing; 10-08-2016 at 09:30 PM. Reason: HNZ v HBL.